Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Error Message when trying to send/recieve

Old June 2nd 08, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Mrs. Cast

Default Error Message when trying to send/recieve

I keep getting this error message! How do I fix it? I've got Winstream as an
ISP. Can anyone help? THANKS!!!!!

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.windstream.net',
Server: 'pop.windstream.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Old June 2nd 08, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Which antivirus are you using? Some of them are not compatible with
Windows Mail. Email scanning should be disabled in the antivirus.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

Old June 2nd 08, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Mrs. Cast[_2_]

I'm using Norton. I've been using Windows mail with Norton for about 3 months
now, and never had this problem before!

Old June 2nd 08, 04:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Both Norton and McAfee antivirus programs tend to begin causing trouble
with Windows Mail after a period of time. As a minimum you would need
to disable the email scanning in Norton. If that does not solve the problem,
do a trial uninstall of Norton. You may have to follow up with their debris
removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039

You can always reinstall it if it turns out not to be he culprit.
If it is the culprit, we can recommend a free antivirus that is more compatible.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

Old June 2nd 08, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
andreasoe40

I am getting the same error all of a sudden after using windows mail since
december 2007. And I dont run any antivirus software. Can you help?

Old June 2nd 08, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

No antivirus installed at all? Was either Norton or McAfee installed
at an earlier date, such as when the computer was new? If so, those
must be followed up by using the AV vendor's special removal tool.

If Windows Mail gives you an error message, please post it.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

Old June 2nd 08, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
andreasoe40

There was never any antivirus software on my computer. I bought it in
december 2007 and it came with no antivirus software.
The error message (in danish):
"Forbindelsen til serveren kunne ikke oprettes. Emne 'bolig', Konto:
'mail.mroee.dk', Server: 'mail.mroee.dk', Protokol: SMTP, Port: 25, Sikker
(SSL): Nej, Socket-fejl: 10060, Fejlnummer: 0x800CCC0E"

any help?

Old June 2nd 08, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

The server mail.mroee.dk was extremely slow to resolve for me, which is not
a good sign for whoever is hosting that domain. I could not find an associated
website. This does not appear to be an ISP, just a vanity domain. As such,
your real ISP will block any attempt to use a port 25 server other than their own.
For more on this, see http://www.postcastserver.com/help/P..._Blocking.aspx

If you want to send mail, use your ISP's SMTP server.