Quickcam update

Old June 12th 08, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hockey Guy Jason

Default Quickcam update

I have a quickcam chat webcam and mine didnt stop working after the upgrade.

You need to visit the logitech site.-

"quickie" wrote in message
its a software problem

using skype to see myself on it, lol

"Nonny" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:16:01 -0700, SimRacer
wrote:

quickie, I can tell you that my logitech orbit is working just fine after
installing SP-1 in fact so does every single usb device, Satitek joystick
and
peddles, Logitech Momo, Epsion printer, Epsion scanner, USB floppy drive,
USB
external hard drive. Every single one working just fine using SP-1 on
Vista
Ultimate 64.

Thanks for the reminder. My Quickcam Pro 4000 is humming along fine
too.

"quickie" wrote:

hey, nonny, nonny, nonny

sorry, I do apologise, had I been a little tad better than I am feeling
at
the moment, I would of put pre-requisites and mentioned "not all", well
obviously it is affecting the mouse only and webcam software

"Nonny" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:24:22 +0100, "quickie"
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04..._defender_sp1/

I apologize to your *source*. It wasn't the culprit, YOU were.

First, that article specifically says "some USB devices" and doesn't
include "all". You added "all".

Second, it's not SP1:

"Microsoft contacted El Reg late Thursday to point out that the
Windows update currently playing havoc with a number of USB devices
was in fact Vista SP1 pre-requisite, KB938371..."

Notice it's not SP1, but a different update.

"Nonny" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:10:07 +0100, "quickie"

wrote:

i am reliably told that vista sp1 has knocked out some if not all
usb
devices, hence the reasons why its probably not working

Dump your source. I have 6 native USB ports on this machine, one
of
them servicing a 4-port powered hub.

All ports are working fabulously... just as they did before I
upgraded
to Vista and after I installed SP1 a week later.