Vista Banter

-   -   The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer (http://www.vistabanter.com/12670-case-disappearing-dvd-writer.html)

Bcs4 December 3rd 06 11:55 AM

The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

After installing Vista RTM after about a day of running a reboot was required
after the reboot both my dvd writers disappeared and weren't recognized by My
computer They both showed in device manager but with a yellow ! when I
clicked on the writers I got this detail
I will show only one set of details for 1 of my writers although both are
basically same explanation but for different writer models
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the
driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code
is 39.

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architectu x86
Hardware Id: IDE\CdRomPIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-106D________________1.08____
Setup class GUID: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
PnP problem code: 00000027
Driver name: cdrom.sys
Driver version: 6.0.6000.16386
Driver date: 11-02-2006
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

As I have seen others with similar problems heres hoping someone can come up
with solution

Jeff Schafer December 5th 06 05:31 AM

The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

My opinion on this after having many hardware devices lose or have limited
funtionality is.....wait for a new driver is about all you can do
unfortunately...whether the driver is from Microsoft or from the vendor of
the drive. I have a feeling we'll start seeing more updated drivers
mid-late december with many of the stable ones in Jan/Feb 2007. It's taking
the vendors time to write drivers for an OS they didn't have much access to
themselves...at least not all the access they needed. Fustrating...I know.

Jeff

Robert G December 7th 06 12:05 PM

The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

Have you installed any DVD or CD writer software after installing Vista?

I found that my Easy CD Creator 7.5 software was causing my problem because
the version that I had was not compatible with Vista. I used the control
panel to uninstall the software and the device manager to uninstall the
current drivers for each of my DVD drives. Then when I rebooted my computer,
Vista reinstalled the correct drivers for each drive and they showed up in
Windows Explorer again.

Spectra2.0 September 20th 07 08:31 PM

The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

i recently had the same problem its not an issue of the driver its a
registry problem here is where i found the solution

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_dr..._code_39.shtml

follow those instructions and it should cure your problem on the next
reboot

--
Spectra2.0
Spectra2.0's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31460

http://forums.techarena.in

Outsanity January 22nd 09 10:35 PM

The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

After a few hours of searching, the link above did the trick. Appreciate
it Spectra!!

For a while I thought it was an ID 10 T error on my part 8).

--
Outsanity
Outsanity's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/outsanity.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

nileshvbodhe May 1st 09 10:11 PM

The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

Hi

I went to the link mentioned and did regedit and rebooted. I found the
lost cd driver but I have lost the sound of my laptop which is a Lenova
and running on window vista home basic.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance!

Spectra2.0;3175028 Wrote:
i recently had the same problem its not an issue of the driver its a
registry problem here is where i found the solution

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_dr..._code_39.shtml

follow those instructions and it should cure your problem on the next
reboot

--
nileshvbodhe
nileshvbodhe's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95519.htm

THE C. [MSFT MVP] May 4th 09 09:19 AM

The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

Go to the Lenova web site to get your drivers, and nowhere else.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Make it a great day!

Charles Richmond

spacex June 2nd 10 12:40 AM

Spectra2.0;3175028 Wrote:
i recently had the same problem its not an issue of the driver its a
registry problem here is where i found the solution

follow those instructions and it should cure your problem on the next
reboot

I have the same problem and its driving me CRAZY but whilst you talk
about where you found the solution it doesn't sat where.......would
appreciate it if someone would tell me please

--
spacex
spacex's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/227419.htm

Peter Foldes[_7_] June 2nd 10 04:38 AM

The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

Follow the manual removal of the Upper and Lower Filters in the Registry

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect