Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista

Old June 5th 08, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FlBoy55

Default Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista

I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work with
my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have downloaded
the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the
queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any
ideas.

Old June 5th 08, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FlBoy55

I tried it again, but still not printing. Any other ideas. Should I try
removing and re-installing? Windows 98 suggested that in the past. So, does
Windows Vista require the same on such matters?

Old June 5th 08, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Check the printer's manual. Some printers need to be off and disconnected
while you install the software. This is usually true of HP printers and
scanners. Just the reverse of a lot of PnP devices.

Old June 6th 08, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FlBoy55

I give up, but will keep returning to see if anyone else has some ideas?
Another driver release for Emachines Computer with Vista.

Old June 6th 08, 09:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
richg99[_3_]

"FlBoy55" wrote:

I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work
with
my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have
downloaded
the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in
the
queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got
any
ideas.

I have the same printer hooked up to my Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista Home
premium and it works just fine.

I had to clear the queue one time when nothing was working at all. Then
shut the printer and the computer off, and I restarted both and all worked
fine. What does your printer control panel say? Does it recognize the
printer?...mine did...and it had the bad print job in queue. Rich

Old June 6th 08, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Donald L McDaniel[_5_]

"FlBoy55" wrote:

I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work with
my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have downloaded
the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the
queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any
ideas.

I've found that Lexmark's have terrible driver installers. I used to
have a Z53, which had a very troublesome driver installer.

Now I use Epsons, rather than Lexmarks.

Lexmarks tend toward being very noisy, anyway.

Donald L McDaniel
Old June 9th 08, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FlBoy55

I finally got it working and for those who have the same printer, here is how
I did it.

I uninstalled the software, and deleted the printer from the system. I
then, went on line and downloaded the updated software (did not use the cd
rom that was included with the printer). It ran through the installation
process, telling when to connect the Printer via the USB port, and then
finally asking about the printheads (I bought new ones today and installed
them too), and then it did a test page, which I was glad to see and hear.
So, it is now installed and working. So, patience and a little ingenuity
will always let you succeed. So, long story short. It is now working.