Old speaker won't work with new computer

Old June 6th 08, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

Default Old speaker won't work with new computer

Plug in the speaker to the green port on the back of the system. Try to
update the sound drivers using device manager, make sure that you chose
to pick the drivers from a list. Then see if it works . . . .

:geek:

--
tanuj_chadha
Old June 6th 08, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dominic Payer[_2_]

Your speakers should be plugged into the green, "Line out" socket and then
to the Stereo input in your speakers.
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...5/en/setup.htm

Check that all the connections are good, the speakers are powered, their
volume control is turned up enough and that the Speaker and Windows and
other sounds are not muted or set to a low volume in your Vista Mixer.

It is possible that the sound output of your new computer is faulty. If you
check the above and it still does not work you should contact Dell support.

"Robert" wrote in message
I think this link will take you to two photos of my speaker plug and of the
rear of my computer. thanks

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...21/t_=85794521

--
Robert

West Virginia

"Robert" wrote:

Thank you. I tried to post a photo of the back of my system but I don't
have
a website to post them on, and can't find a way to attach to this
message..
But my plugs on the back of my computer are all the size of the INPUT
plugs
in your photo. I don't have one the size of the output plug in your
photo. M
computer is brand new... Dell XPS 420. And the male connector of my
speaker
wire is the type that would fit into your Input plugs. Does this offer a
clue what I should do, or confuze things more. Thanks for all
suggestions.
--
Robert

West Virginia

"03hdfatboy" wrote:

That was it. It should be plugged up in the rear like this. Or
something
similar.
[image:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_XRY95DeiYD8/...ound_card.jpg]

--
03hdfatboy

*fatboy*

*my baby...*
*raidmax smilodon dirk-tooth case*
*pc power & cooling 1200w psu*
*abit aw9d-max *
*intel core 2 extreme qx6700 @ 3668.5 mhz*
*vigor gaming clt-m2i 92mm thermal electric cpu cooler*
*corsair dominator 4gb *
*ati x1950xtx + ati x1950cf*
*hauppauge wintv-hvr-1800*
*400 gb, 320 gb sata seagate barracudas*
*i-rocks e-sata w/500gb seagate*
*2 sony/nec optiarc 1(7170a) 1(ad-7191s)*
*acer al2216wbd *
*logitech g15 gamer & mx518 *
*creative labs 5.1 speakers*

Old June 6th 08, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
03hdfatboy[_10_]

Maybe this will help ya...
[image:
http://images.tigerdirect.ca/itemDet...6-out3-hl.jpg]

Old June 6th 08, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert[_18_]

The wires are connected correctly. I went to the device manager and see two
drivers: ATI Unified AVS Stream Driver & SigmaTel High Definition Audio
CODEC. I ran a check on both and get the message they are the best and
newest drivers for my system. There's also a Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and
Bluetooth Sterio Audio in there, that I don't think apply to this speaker.
Not sure what they're for. I also went into the control Panel and made the
one Default that is named "Speakers/Headphone--Sigma High Definition audio
CODEC." It says it is working. But still no sound.

More suggestions greatly appreciated.
--
Robert

West Virginia

Old June 6th 08, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:05:00 -0700, Robert
wrote:

The wires are connected correctly. I went to the device manager and see two
drivers: ATI Unified AVS Stream Driver & SigmaTel High Definition Audio
CODEC. I ran a check on both and get the message they are the best and
newest drivers for my system. There's also a Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and
Bluetooth Sterio Audio in there, that I don't think apply to this speaker.
Not sure what they're for. I also went into the control Panel and made the
one Default that is named "Speakers/Headphone--Sigma High Definition audio
CODEC." It says it is working. But still no sound.

More suggestions greatly appreciated.

Google "Belarc Advisor", download it and run it.

Look in the generated report and see what it says under "Multimedia".

Report back.
Old June 6th 08, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert[_18_]

I just ran Belarc and this is the data listed under MULTIMEDIA:

ATI Unified AVStream Driver
Bluetooth Hands-free Audio
Bluetooth Stereo Audio

Old June 6th 08, 08:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:54:02 -0700, Robert
wrote:

I just ran Belarc and this is the data listed under MULTIMEDIA:

ATI Unified AVStream Driver
Bluetooth Hands-free Audio
Bluetooth Stereo Audio
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

I don't see a thing there that gives a clue as to what your audio card
is. Googling each of those wasn't any help.

In your original post you said this is a new computer. Have you
contacted the vendor?

Old June 13th 08, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Drew

Robert.. Have you tried right clicking on your speaker icon in your tray
then choosing playback devices...when the box pops up look and see what is
set for speaker default if any.... once that is done then highlight what is
set as default and choose properties and go through it and confirm all
levels are set to what is needed then back out to first screen and choose
configure...run through the wizard if necessary to configure and test...just
my 3 cents...post back results please

"Robert" wrote in message

I've just purchased a new computer, running Vista. My previous one was
XP.
My old speaker system will not work now. It is a Harman/Kardon Model
HK395.
Do I need new software for this?

Thanks for any help.
--