Vista Banter

-   -   Problem with Plug and Play (http://www.vistabanter.com/126998-problem-plug-play.html)

Patrick Schoenbach June 6th 08 01:33 PM

Problem with Plug and Play

Hi,

I have a GigaByte P35 DS3 mainboard with an Intel ICH9 chipset. Since I
have accidentally removed this chipset in the device manager, it is only
detected as "Unknown device" on bootup, and the device manager entry has
a yellow warning entry. Often, I also have two entries, one working
entry, but still named "Unknown device", and one with a warning. Getting
these hardware detection dialogues on every boot is annoying. How could
I fix this without a complete reinstall?

--
Regards,
Patrick

Colin Barnhorst[_2_] June 6th 08 09:10 PM

Problem with Plug and Play

Rerun the driver installer on the cd that came with the mobo. You can
deselect portions not applicable to the issue. If you can't find the cd
download what you need from GigaByte.

Patrician June 7th 08 08:10 AM

Problem with Plug and Play

"Patrick Schoenbach" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a GigaByte P35 DS3 mainboard with an Intel ICH9 chipset. Since I
have accidentally removed this chipset in the device manager, it is only
detected as "Unknown device" on bootup, and the device manager entry has
a yellow warning entry. Often, I also have two entries, one working
entry, but still named "Unknown device", and one with a warning. Getting
these hardware detection dialogues on every boot is annoying. How could
I fix this without a complete reinstall?

--
Regards,
Patrick

Download and install the Intel Inf drivers for your chipset/motherboard
from, either, Gigabyte website or Intel's

Trev