ie 8

Old June 6th 08, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS

Default ie 8

can someone tell me when will the new ie8 will be a final release?
Old June 6th 08, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mark L. Ferguson

Anyone who really knew could not tell you, and anyone who told you could not
possibly know. What you will hear out of MS is "When it's ready"

--
click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm see ''rate a post''

Old June 6th 08, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nonny

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 02:07:11 +0300, "ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS"
wrote:

can someone tell me when will the new ie8 will be a final release?

If you only asked this an hour ago, I would have the answer for you.

As itwould happpen, I just got home from taking my crystal ball to the
jeweler's for cleaning and polishing.
Old June 7th 08, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

There is a public newsgroup for the beta program at
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta. MS has not announced the release
date but you can ask your questions in that newsgroup.

Old June 7th 08, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Paul Smith

"ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS" wrote in message
can someone tell me when will the new ie8 will be a final release?

Nobody knows at this point.

Beta 2 is due in August, and unlike Beta 1 is targeted more towards everyone
rather than just developers.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Old June 7th 08, 08:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Not Me

A) When pigs fly.
B) When Bill Gates switches to Linux.
C) When Frank has an intelligent thought.
D) No one knows for sure, when the developers think enough bugs are fixed to
make it reliable enough for the general public.
E) Several months after the August release of the next major revision.

Take your pick, one of those is the answer...take your time...no
pressure...well, the clock is ticking...3 seconds.....BOOM...the world ended
because you didn't pick quick enough...

When it's ready! Hopefully MS learned a lesson from the Vista release and
will release IE8 ONLY when it is ready.

Old June 7th 08, 11:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
John Barnett MVP[_3_]

It will be released when it is ready. We are still only on beta 1, then we
have beta 2 etc. Even a guess would be a wild one.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

Old June 7th 08, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

There is a public beta newsgroup at microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
in which you can ask this (but you will receive the same answers).

Old June 7th 08, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ken Blake, MVP

wrote:

can someone tell me when will the new ie8 will be a final release?

No, nobody can tell you. Nobody knows.

It's in beta test now, and it will be released when Microsoft deems
that testing has progressed to the point where it's ready to be
released.

If anybody does tell you, treat the answer as nothing but rumor, and
highly unlikely to be accurate.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup