Address Books and Contact Lists

Old June 7th 08, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
GRITSandSLUTS

Default Address Books and Contact Lists

I use my IP to check my emails 1st; once I open the program my emails get
'dumped' into my email program(s) which are Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and
"IncrediMail". HOWEVER; NONE of the 3 have the same 'email addresses' listed
in them. Do I have to go into each and 're-type' or 'type' the ones that are
missing or possibly changed or incorrect? Please be specific. I go to my IP
to check my emails in order to use THEIR servers' protection; then I use the
one I have on my computer.
--
God Bless!
LMA
Old June 7th 08, 04:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mick Murphy

You have already posted here, and it has been answered in depth; over and
over again!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Old June 7th 08, 08:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"GRITSandSLUTS" . wrote in message
I use my IP to check my emails 1st; once I open the program my emails get
'dumped' into my email program(s) which are Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
and
"IncrediMail". HOWEVER; NONE of the 3 have the same 'email addresses'
listed
in them. Do I have to go into each and 're-type' or 'type' the ones that
are
missing or possibly changed or incorrect? Please be specific. I go to my
IP
to check my emails in order to use THEIR servers' protection; then I use
the
one I have on my computer.

What do you mean by 'your IP'? It usually means Internet Protocol, but that
does not make sense in your post.

ss.

Old June 7th 08, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
GRITSandSLUTS

Thanks MIC...you are NO different from 'others who act like you KNOW
everything' and have NO patience for those of us (who because of health
problems) can't just 'catch onto something that is "foreign" to them'. DON'T
write if you have to 'inflict' YOU superiority on others. It is NOT at all
flattering to you! People that 'act like they KNOW everything...are
'irritating' to those of us...who 'unfortunately' DON'T -- SO GO AHEAD and
REPORT ME! I'm quite sure that will give you a 'pat on your back today'!
--
God Bless!
LMA

Old June 7th 08, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
GRITSandSLUTS

IP - for me means "Internet Provider". I've already had one 'smart' remark
made to me this morning. My Question was...do I have to type my address
book/contacts into EACH and every email program I have. If so...just say
"Yes"; if NOT and you aren't willing to 'provide me with instructions' -
don't bother writing. I have this 'windowshelp.microsoft.com on my
computer...with the hope that I DON'T HAVE TO 'TALK' and maybe even 'chat'
with people who have no patience to try to help me 'understand' something
that I obviousl DON'T. I'll just type the addresses into each...that way I
won't have to 'bother' those on this [whatever] who think they are so damn
superior...I'll tell you like I told the LAST guy...Don't like the fact that
I've posted and supposedly it has been 'explained OVER AND OVER' - then maybe
I am looking in the wrong place. Rudeness, is NOT something that I 'take to
kindly'; and I can be 'just as rude' back! This is 'someplace' that I am
'supposed' to be able to 'go into' and have 'questions' answered...but it
seems as if it isn't meant for a novice. I've 'typed' on computers for 27
years...but my experience with Microsoft VISTA and Dell (the manufacturer of
the computer I use) don't CARE if you understand it or not! When I bought my
1st computer, the salesman didn't even 'bother' to 'listen' to what I wanted
or needed. It took 3 computers being sent to me, in order to get one that
'worked' properly; but I'll never deal with DELL again. But it seems that
VISTA is 'out there, forced on the unsuspecting public, because Bill Gates
and 'his' crew wanted to be the 1st to put out a 'Walk On Water, Kick Ass'
operating system. It does NOT walkl on water, but it certainly has "KICKED
ASS", otherwise...why would THIS program be necessary? Sorry I am taking my
frustration of what the 'previous' response to my question was...but it seems
the 'only way' to have all my contacts is to type them into each and every
email program. But "thanks" anyway.
--
God Bless!
LMA

Old June 7th 08, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Charlie Tame

Well the short answer is possibly yes.

If you have programs on your PC they may have import export functions,
you export from one system into a file and then import that file on the
target system CSV, comma separated values is a common format for that file.

Whether you can do this from your provider's server or not depends on a
lot of things. In short, it may be easier to just type in.

Old June 7th 08, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"GRITSandSLUTS" . wrote in message
IP - for me means "Internet Provider". I've already had one 'smart'
remark
made to me this morning.

Well you can't just make up your own personal anacronyms and expect
everybody else to understand what you are on about. In a computing context,
IP means Internet Protocol. The term you were looking for was ISP -
Internet Service Provider. Everybody would have understood what you meant
by that.

My Question was...do I have to type my address
book/contacts into EACH and every email program I have.

snip rant

It depends on what address book programs you are using. Some can import and
export from others. Most can import and export as Comma Separated Values
(.csv files), but you will get better results using a other import methods
if available.

ss.

Old June 7th 08, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ken Blake, MVP

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 06:58:03 -0700, GRITSandSLUTS
. wrote:

IP - for me means "Internet Provider".

It may mean that for you, but for almost everyone else, "IP" means
"Internet Protocol, and the standard abbreviation for what you mean is
"ISP" for "Internet *Service* Provider.

I don't say that to give you a hard time about your misuse of the
terminology, but to explain why your message wasn't understood. But
don't give someone else a hard time for not understanding *your*
misuse of the language.

I've already had one 'smart' remark
made to me this morning. My Question was...do I have to type my address
book/contacts into EACH and every email program I have. If so...just say
"Yes"; if NOT and you aren't willing to 'provide me with instructions' -
don't bother writing.

Like Synapse Syndrome, I didn't understand what you meant by "IP." If
you think that when somebody doesn't understand you because you use a
standard abbreviation in a non-standard way, it's a " 'smart' remark,"
you need to lower your sensibilities some. He told you politely that
what you said didn't make sense, and asked you to clarify it. There's
nothing even slightly rude about his message.

The only person I see being rude here is you. Continue in that vein,
and you will quickly alienate everyone here, and nobody will help you.

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote:

"GRITSandSLUTS" . wrote in message
I use my IP to check my emails 1st; once I open the program my emails get
'dumped' into my email program(s) which are Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
and
"IncrediMail". HOWEVER; NONE of the 3 have the same 'email addresses'
listed
in them. Do I have to go into each and 're-type' or 'type' the ones that
are
missing or possibly changed or incorrect? Please be specific. I go to my
IP
to check my emails in order to use THEIR servers' protection; then I use
the
one I have on my computer.

What do you mean by 'your IP'? It usually means Internet Protocol, but that
does not make sense in your post.

ss.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old June 7th 08, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nonny

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 13:40:51 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
wrote:

The only person I see being rude here is you. Continue in that vein,
and you will quickly alienate everyone here, and nobody will help you.

With a moniker like "GRITSandSLUTS" the ignoring factor goes even
higher ;-