Converting/printing vista formatted docs

Old June 7th 08, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
peter wyatt

Default Converting/printing vista formatted docs

Looking for help with some email docs that I have received in vista
format. They include labels & excel spreadsheets. Is it possible to
convert them somehow to enable me to print them out from Windows 2003 or
2007? I asked the sender to save them as Windows 1997-2003 format &
resend them but even then when I try to print those out the label setup
is altered.
Thanks
Peter

--
peter wyatt
Old June 7th 08, 03:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nonny

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:49:34 -0500, peter wyatt
wrote:

Looking for help with some email docs that I have received in vista
format. They include labels & excel spreadsheets. Is it possible to
convert them somehow to enable me to print them out from Windows 2003 or
2007? I asked the sender to save them as Windows 1997-2003 format &
resend them but even then when I try to print those out the label setup
is altered.
Thanks
Peter

I believe you mean Office, not Windows.

Ask this in

microsoft.public.office.misc

or in

microsoft.public.excel.misc
Old June 7th 08, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Vote out Brendan Nelson

peter wyatt wrote:
Looking for help with some email docs that I have received in vista
format. They include labels & excel spreadsheets. Is it possible to
convert them somehow to enable me to print them out from Windows 2003 or
2007? I asked the sender to save them as Windows 1997-2003 format &
resend them but even then when I try to print those out the label setup
is altered.
Thanks
Peter

Save as and select the older format from the drop down menu and email
the document saved in the older format.
Old June 7th 08, 04:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mick Murphy

Above are the details for and the download for a Compatibility Pack to do
what you want to do.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Old June 7th 08, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bruce Chambers

peter wyatt wrote:
Looking for help with some email docs that I have received in vista
format.

There is no such thing as a "Vista format" for documents.

They include labels & excel spreadsheets.

Then you're most likely referring to Microsoft Office file formats.
That's something completely different, and the underlying version of
Windows is largely irrelevant. You would be better served by seeking
assistance in a more appropriate newsgroup, one dedicatged to Microsoft
Office.

Is it possible to
convert them somehow to enable me to print them out from Windows 2003 or
2007?

No, but only because, once again, there is no such thing as "Windows
2003 or 2007." If you're referring to Office files, then yes, of course
there is.

I asked the sender to save them as Windows 1997-2003 format....

Again, can't be done. There is no such thing as "Windows 1997-2003
format."

.... resend them but even then when I try to print those out the label setup
is altered.

First, you need to tell us which specific version of Microsoft Office
you have installed. There is a compatibility package available from
Microsoft that would enable a user of Office 2003 to open Office 2007
files. If the formatting of the labels is altered, the sender would
have to correct that before sending them to you in the older file format.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Old June 7th 08, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
HeyBub

peter wyatt wrote:
Looking for help with some email docs that I have received in vista
format. They include labels & excel spreadsheets. Is it possible to
convert them somehow to enable me to print them out from Windows 2003
or 2007? I asked the sender to save them as Windows 1997-2003 format &
resend them but even then when I try to print those out the label
setup is altered.

Vista is not responsible for the format of files.