Miccrophone echo

Old June 7th 08, 06:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Joanne

Default Miccrophone echo

I am using skype for calls. I am getting an echo when others are talking to
me but they can here me clearly....I Have Windows Vista Home Basic and
microphone is a Logitech. I am not overly conversant with new area of my
computer and am new to using my microphone with skype..I would very much
appreciate some help please.
Old June 7th 08, 10:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie Tame

Joanne wrote:
I am using skype for calls. I am getting an echo when others are talking to
me but they can here me clearly....I Have Windows Vista Home Basic and
microphone is a Logitech. I am not overly conversant with new area of my
computer and am new to using my microphone with skype..I would very much
appreciate some help please.

I assume you are using a microphone and the speakers... a cheap headset
might me better, however, do you mean you hear your own voice echo a
little after you speak and others don't or do you mean their voices have
an echo.

I think if you are hearing your own voice echo you can get rid of this
by adjusting the sound controls on your machine, this depends on the way
your sound card software presents the controls on screen. Usually it
comes up with the output controls first and you would simply need to
uncheck the "Mic" box or whatever on the mixer panel, you really do not
want your own voice coming out of the speakers.

Unfortunately I've had problems with Skype and Vista, for some reason it
only cooperates when you set it to let Skype adjust my sound controls,
so I am a little hesitant to tell you to mess with controls too much.
I've ended up having to reinstall things a couple of times because the
sound died and refused to come back

I hope that the newer versions of Skype and sound drivers have fixed
this but don't know because I haven't used it for a while.
Old June 7th 08, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rutetuti

Hi,
If you have Logitech QuickCam installed it has a "cancel echo" feature
within the mic' options.
Good luck.