Vista Problem. Please help!

Old June 7th 08, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bankzy108

Default Vista Problem. Please help!

I have Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. My desktop and toolbar/start menu
have gone missing. When I start my computer it comes on with the login screen
as normal. After I log in the screen goes black and My Documents loads but
the screen stays black. I can still use my laptop, but I have no desktop or
start menu at all. All I have is My Documents, and from there I can access
everything by going to my program files and loading things of Task Manager.

How can I get my Desktop and Start Menu back? I don't have a Vista disc as
it was already preinstalled on my laptop. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Bankzy108 =]
Old June 7th 08, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Niall[_2_]

Just a simple guess. How about right clicking the desktop, selecting View
and click "Show Desktop Icons".

Old June 7th 08, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bruno[_2_]

"Bankzy108" wrote:
I have Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. My desktop and
toolbar/start menu have gone missing. When I start my computer it
comes on with the login screen as normal. After I log in the screen
goes black and My Documents loads but the screen stays black. I
can still use my laptop, but I have no desktop or start menu at all.
All I have is My Documents, and from there I can access
everything by going to my program files and loading things of Task
Manager.

Can you start explorer.exe?