Vista Banter

-   -   Com-port in use (http://www.vistabanter.com/127254-com-port-use.html)

Gus June 8th 08 01:46 AM

Com-port in use

I get an error message after an internet connection via a telephone line
(after closing the connection).
The fax-program (Snappy Fax) says 'Com port in use'.
After a restart of Vista the problem is gone.

Is there someone with a solution ?
Thanks,
Gus

Nonny June 8th 08 02:23 AM

Com-port in use

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 03:46:53 +0200, "Gus" wrote:

I get an error message after an internet connection via a telephone line
(after closing the connection).
The fax-program (Snappy Fax) says 'Com port in use'.
After a restart of Vista the problem is gone.

Is there someone with a solution ?

Your dialup software might not be hanging up when you finish your
session.

Control Panel (Classic View)

Phone and Modem Options

Modem

Properties

Change Default Preferences

Disconnect Call...

Try playing with that.

If that fails, there should be a way to add a "hangup" order at the
beginning of the init string in Snappy Fax.

If that fails, try asking Snappy Fax support for help.