DISPLAY ERROR - LINES (ATI RADEON X1600)

Old June 8th 08, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WarOfGenesis

Default DISPLAY ERROR - LINES (ATI RADEON X1600)

Im Running windows vista ultimate, before hand it was fine and still but its
my bloody grahpics card, i keep on getting lines across my screen.

this comes up when i run some applications or viewing some pictures from my
camera? i've tried updating my drivers, directx 10 and also ati Catalyst has
been updated. can any one help??
--
壮大なマスター
Old June 8th 08, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

What resolution are you sending over what interface to what type of display?
If a digital display what is its native resolution?
What is the resolution of the camera pictures you have trouble with?

Old June 8th 08, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WarOfGenesis

well in terms of inputs im using DVI and my resulotion is 1680*1050
but the lines come up @ random. but it happens alot on pictuers.
--
壮大なマスター

Old June 8th 08, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
V Green

This kind of stuff is usually a hardware problem:

overheating (fan on vidcard frozen/running slowly
or heatsink full of crud)

insufficient PSU for the system

PSU voltages out of tolerance

system ventilation insufficient

etc., etc., etc.

"WarOfGenesis" wrote in message
well in terms of inputs im using DVI and my resulotion is 1680*1050
but the lines come up @ random. but it happens alot on pictuers.
--
???????

Old June 8th 08, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

OK I understand that you are using a 1680x1050 widescreen PC monitor.
You did not say what resolution camera pictures you were having problems
with. If they are of a much higher resolution(such as 5 megapixel size)
then your X1600 card is having performance problems downscaling them to
1680x1050

Old June 9th 08, 02:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tony[_9_]

The problem you are having is caused by over driving the card. This causes
it to over heat. check to see if you have enough air flow in the case. don't
forget to check the front of the case to make sure it is not plugged up that
is where most if not all the fresh air enters the system case.
Many time people forget that.
if that is all ok have the card pull and replaced.
you are having a problem with the card and that is the only fix.
how old is the card.
if it is the older one it is time to replace it.
Because if it was working fine before that is a good sign that the card is
dyeing.