Vista Banter

-   -   cannot access my additional drives d:\ is not accessible (http://www.vistabanter.com/127392-cannot-access-my-additional-drives-d-not-accessible.html)

halvo08 June 8th 08 11:14 PM

cannot access my additional drives d:\ is not accessible

Hey everyone i am a nubie however i have scoured the sight and not come
accross my exact problem or a solution to it.
i have installed vista x64 ultimate and have three additional drives
with my movies on them however i am unable to access them with vista i
keep getting the same message

d:\ is not accessible.
the request could not be performed because of an i/o error.

the drives show up in bios as well as in my computer i have all the
permissions set but i cannot acces them. i would reformat but i have
spent hundreds of hours converting my movies and don't want to lose all
my hard work.
i am running
x64
amd due core 6000
4gb pursuit 4-4-4-12 ddr2 ram
3 x samsung 500gb sata hdd
asus m2n 1394 motherboard
basic video graphics
tru power 500w psu
its driving me crazy any and all help is greatly appreciated
marcus:confused::confused::confused:

--
halvo08

halvo08 June 13th 08 11:25 PM

cannot access my additional drives d:\ is not accessible

thanks for your assistence and suggestions 0
i found a way around my problems for anyone who has this problem in
future, i borowed a mates xp computer with sata drives and transfered
all my content from the vista x64 inaccessable drives to the vista x64
recognised drive and then formatted the two x64 drives i had problems
with, and now all work fine and all files are recognised in
vistax64.;););)

--
halvo08