Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

User 'Locked' after Sleep Mode

Old June 10th 08, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
albenzing

Default User 'Locked' after Sleep Mode

Running Vista Business w SP1

Have a simple setup, with one user - an User Account Control is turned OFF.
Since I use a Hard Drive Password, I prefer not to use a Windows login
password.

During normal bootup, my User login occurs automatically, as desired.

However, if Vista goes into Sleep mode, when I activate it there is no
automatic login. It shows the screen with my User Name and below the icon
it says 'Locked'. Since I do Not have a Password set, this just requires
hitting Enter to trigger the login - but I'd like to have the login occur
automatically.

Note that this is a new/replacement laptop - Dell D630, so this is a recent
setup. I had been using a D620, also with Vista Business w SP1 and that
worked normally.

TIA
Al

Old June 12th 08, 05:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
NetBiznessMan

"albenzing" wrote in message
Running Vista Business w SP1

Have a simple setup, with one user - an User Account Control is turned
OFF. Since I use a Hard Drive Password, I prefer not to use a Windows
login password.

During normal bootup, my User login occurs automatically, as desired.

However, if Vista goes into Sleep mode, when I activate it there is no
automatic login. It shows the screen with my User Name and below the icon
it says 'Locked'. Since I do Not have a Password set, this just requires
hitting Enter to trigger the login - but I'd like to have the login occur
automatically.

Note that this is a new/replacement laptop - Dell D630, so this is a
recent setup. I had been using a D620, also with Vista Business w SP1 and
that worked normally.

TIA
Al

From your desktop right click and empty space and select personalize, then
screen saver, then make sure the check box for 'on resume, display logon
screen' is uncheck. That should take care of your problem.

Netbiznessman

Old June 12th 08, 05:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
NetBiznessMan

"NetBiznessMan" wrote in message
"albenzing" wrote in message
Running Vista Business w SP1

Have a simple setup, with one user - an User Account Control is turned
OFF. Since I use a Hard Drive Password, I prefer not to use a Windows
login password.

During normal bootup, my User login occurs automatically, as desired.

However, if Vista goes into Sleep mode, when I activate it there is no
automatic login. It shows the screen with my User Name and below the
icon it says 'Locked'. Since I do Not have a Password set, this just
requires hitting Enter to trigger the login - but I'd like to have the
login occur automatically.

Note that this is a new/replacement laptop - Dell D630, so this is a
recent setup. I had been using a D620, also with Vista Business w SP1
and that worked normally.

TIA
Al

From your desktop right click and empty space and select personalize, then
screen saver, then make sure the check box for 'on resume, display logon
screen' is uncheck. That should take care of your problem.

Netbiznessman

Sorry my mistake I meant to say go to your power settings, then select the
link to 'change plan settings' then 'require a password on wake up' and set
your options to no. That should do the trick.

NetBiznessMan

Old June 12th 08, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
albenzing

It did indeed do the trick! I'm impressed... and surprised at how obscure
some of these Vista settings are.

Glad I found this Newsgroup.

Thanks for the assist.

Al

"albenzing" wrote in message
Running Vista Business w SP1

Have a simple setup, with one user - an User Account Control is turned
OFF. Since I use a Hard Drive Password, I prefer not to use a Windows
login password.

During normal bootup, my User login occurs automatically, as desired.

However, if Vista goes into Sleep mode, when I activate it there is no
automatic login. It shows the screen with my User Name and below the
icon it says 'Locked'. Since I do Not have a Password set, this just
requires hitting Enter to trigger the login - but I'd like to have the
login occur automatically.

Note that this is a new/replacement laptop - Dell D630, so this is a
recent setup. I had been using a D620, also with Vista Business w SP1
and that worked normally.

TIA
Al

From your desktop right click and empty space and select personalize,
then screen saver, then make sure the check box for 'on resume, display

Old June 11th 08, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Al

Open Control Panel / Power Options. in the selected 'Preferred Plans'
section click 'Change Plan Settings' in the selected power plan. In the
following window, select 'Change advanced power plan settings'. In the
resulting dialog box, expand Additional Settings and Require a password.
Click the drop down menu in 'Setting' and select the 'No' option. Click
Apply/OK.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old June 13th 08, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
albenzing

Thanks Ronnie...

I did receive this tip from NetBiznessMan as well. It does fix my problem,
though it certainly is obscure, i.e. all my efforts to find this on my own
came up empty.

Thanks again.
Al

Old August 29th 11, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
primavara xsafe

Hope this will help:

Go to desktop, right click,choose personalize form menu,screen saver, in the right column of "wait -- minutes" uncheck the box called "on resume, dislpay log on".

Next important thing is to look down and press "change power settings" choose to change your actual settings: to do this click "change plan settings" adjust the what u want or let it like this.

The final solution is down of this screen by choosing "change advance power settings" - select under " require a pass on wake up " NO for battery NO for plug in.

Save and restart.

On Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:24 PM Ronnie Vernon MVP wrote:

Al

Open Control Panel / Power Options. in the selected 'Preferred Plans'
section click 'Change Plan Settings' in the selected power plan. In the
following window, select 'Change advanced power plan settings'. In the
resulting dialog box, expand Additional Settings and Require a password.
Click the drop down menu in 'Setting' and select the 'No' option. Click
Apply/OK.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience

"albenzing" wrote in message

On Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:33 AM NetBiznessMan wrote:

From your desktop right click and empty space and select personalize, then

On Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:45 AM NetBiznessMan wrote:

"NetBiznessMan" wrote in message

Sorry my mistake I meant to say go to your power settings, then select the
link to 'change plan settings' then 'require a password on wake up' and set
your options to no. That should do the trick.

NetBiznessMan

It did indeed do the trick! I am impressed... and surprised at how obscure