GeForce 8800GTS (G92) Nvidia Drivers problem?

Old June 11th 08, 05:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vizzer

Default GeForce 8800GTS (G92) Nvidia Drivers problem?

I recently got a GeForce 8800GTS 512Mb and have been getting a wide
variety of BSOD 1033 and BCCode:24,50,d,d1,10etc. I think it has thrown
every code at me possible. Any one know what could be the problem? All
these problems started after I installed the Graphics card and before
that everything was smooth as eggs.

My system is a
Vista x64 sp1 OS
Gigabyte 965P-S3 rev1 Motherboard
4x1 G.skill pc800 ram
GeForce 8800 GTS 512Mb
450 watt Antec Power Supply
500 Gb Seagate HDD
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Could it be that I have an under powered system?
I'll add my mini dumps for more info.
Please help I can't figure anything out. I've tried to reformat, get
latest drivers, rolled back to older drivers, update bios, and
unplugging things from my Usb.

|Filename: Mini Dump.zip |
|Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4463|

vizzer
Old June 11th 08, 06:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:04:16 -0500, vizzer
wrote:

I recently got a GeForce 8800GTS 512Mb and have been getting a wide
variety of BSOD 1033 and BCCode:24,50,d,d1,10etc. I think it has thrown
every code at me possible. Any one know what could be the problem? All
these problems started after I installed the Graphics card and before
that everything was smooth as eggs.

My system is a
Vista x64 sp1 OS
Gigabyte 965P-S3 rev1 Motherboard
4x1 G.skill pc800 ram
GeForce 8800 GTS 512Mb
450 watt Antec Power Supply
500 Gb Seagate HDD
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Could it be that I have an under powered system?
I'll add my mini dumps for more info.
Please help I can't figure anything out. I've tried to reformat, get
latest drivers, rolled back to older drivers, update bios, and
unplugging things from my Usb.

Have you tried removing the new video card and putting the old one
back in?

Old June 11th 08, 11:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vizzer

No sold the old video card before I could do that,

BUT

I'm not sure if this fixed it, but I'm an idiot if that was the
problem. My processor is a E6420 stock 2.1333Ghz @1.25V OC'ed to 3.2Ghz
@1.35V. I lowered it to stock settings and its working fine for now, not
crashing, but this has only been 12 hours... I wonder if undervolting my
processor could have caused all the blues screens about drivers and what
not. Maybe I will prime 95 it at the OC'ed setting. I'll post if that
works if it blue screens at the OC'ed settings! I guess that what
happens when Newbies overclock and don't stress test.

--
vizzer
Old June 11th 08, 01:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:48:31 -0500, vizzer
wrote:

No sold the old video card before I could do that,

BUT

I'm not sure if this fixed it, but I'm an idiot if that was the
problem. My processor is a E6420 stock 2.1333Ghz @1.25V OC'ed to 3.2Ghz
. I lowered it to stock settings

You were overclocking???

Cripes.

Old June 12th 08, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dwarf

Hi Vizzer,

I personally don't recommend that you overclock a PC, but recognise that
there are people who do and it is their perogative and they do it at their
own risk. You state that you had run your system with the other graphics card
whilst overclocking the CPU and that you had no problems. It could be that
you need to check a setting in your BIOS (check your motherboard manual).
Look for a setting that allows you to lock the PCIE bus frequency.
Alternatively, this might be controlled by a jumper on your motherboard.
Again, check the manual. It is possible that your other graphics card was
more tolerant of bus frequency changes than your current one is, and locking
the bus to its standard frequency should help. If it does, and you wish to
overclock your system again, do so in small steps and thoroughly test it
before increasing the frequency further. Repeat until you start getting
errors or other symptoms and then back the frequency down to the last stable
setting. It is also possible that the 'fault' could have been caused by the
graphics card not being seated correctly in its socket.
Dwarf

Old June 18th 08, 05:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vizzer

Thanks that helped out alot, I locked it to 100 mhz and it seems to be
stable for about 3 days.

--
vizzer