BIOS AND Vista Not Recognizing 2nd SATA Hard Drive

Old June 11th 08, 08:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ejames[_2_]

Default BIOS AND Vista Not Recognizing 2nd SATA Hard Drive

I have upgraded from Windows XP Service Pack 3 to Vista Home Premium
on a Toshiba Qosmio G35-AVA600 which has two 80GB SATA hard drives
configured as RAID-0. In Windows XP the drive was seen as one 160GB
hard drive. No problem.

After I installed Vista the second drive is not showing and I can’t
format it from disk management services because it is not shown.

The weird thing is that I am not missing any files, but perhaps I had
not used any space on the second hard drive, therefore I wouldn’t be
missing any files.

Also, after installing Vista I checked the BIOS and it does not see my
second hard drive, nor does My Computer but it is there as I have made
no hardware changes. All I did was upgrade from Windows XP Service
Pack 3 to installing Windows Vista. I have the latest RAID drivers
from Toshiba which was updated after I installed Vista. The latest
BIOS was installed from Toshiba website BEFORE I upgraded and the
second hard drive WAS listed in the BIOS.

I’ve read the many threads on second SATA hard drives but no one
mentions that their BIOS does not recognize the drive as well as
Vista.

How do I fix this problem?? Any help at all would be greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks!

--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.WinForumz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/BIOS-...pict51541.html
Old June 11th 08, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

Try to reset the defaults of the BIOS. Check manufacturer website for
that. (Don't update the BIOS; just reset it to factory defaults. Then
check if you can see second hard drive. If still you cannot see it then
try to re-seat the hard drive. And see if that fixes it or not.

--
tanuj_chadha
Old June 11th 08, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DL

You allready posted this Q on the 10th & we are all awaiting your response.
But having re read your post, if you upgraded winxp to Vista, as apposed to
clean install, and the winxp sysytem was a origonally a stripe array then
you must still have a stripe array.
What do you see if you boot up and enter the raid bios utility, what does
that report?

news:239935_3bf894a9b5c38b38f6e362418ac40843@winfo rumz.com...