Vista Banter

-   -   Pentablet (http://www.vistabanter.com/128066-pentablet.html)

Dave sim June 13th 08 12:30 PM

Pentablet

I made the mistake of plugging my Wacom pen tablet in before installing the
driver.
Vista recognised the device and installed a default driver which does not
work
The Driver installation disk will not install untill the default driver is
uninstalled.
How do i do this

Colin Barnhorst[_2_] June 13th 08 01:53 PM

Pentablet

You can use System Restore to back up to before you did the installation.
You also should be able to delete the driver in Device Manager.

Dave sim[_2_] June 13th 08 06:57 PM

Pentablet

Ta Colin

Unfortunately
I do not have a valid restore point
And I tried using device manager, but the tablet installation disk does not
recognise that the driver has been uninstalled.
I even tried cleaning the registry in case some residue was left there

Colin Barnhorst[_2_] June 14th 08 03:09 AM

Pentablet

Did you reboot after deleting the driver in DM?

Are you having an issue with System Restore? If so, start another thread on
that topic.