Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Sound Problems.

Old June 14th 08, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Concern1

Default Sound Problems.

I just recently upgraded my computer to an HP, model M8400f, running Windows
Vista Home premium. Since I bought my computer I discovered a little annoying
quirk: I often don't get sound when I connect my headphones to the jack on
the front of the computer. This is not my 1st computer, and, of course, I
made sure it was not on mute, I clicked on the icon for sound and toggle to
its highest function and it made a sound as it was going up. So, there is
sound, but when I initially put in a DVD (and I've tried w/it numerous, not
just 1 single dvd), there's no sound. I literally have to take out the DVD
and then put it back in, then I get sound. However, if I don't have a DVD in
the computer and I click on a link that pops up a video, which is accompany
by sound, I don't hear anything. It is here that I dont know what to do.
Thanks for your replies and suggestions.
FG
Old June 14th 08, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Nonny

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:28:09 -0700, Concern1
wrote:

I just recently upgraded my computer to an HP, model M8400f, running Windows
Vista Home premium. Since I bought my computer I discovered a little annoying
quirk: I often don't get sound when I connect my headphones to the jack on
the front of the computer.

Obvious question: have you contacted HP support? "recently" seems to
indicate that it's probably under warranty.

Old June 15th 08, 07:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Concern1

Thanks Nonny for your response. I actually have not done the obvious. I was
hoping to avoid contacting them since I do not want to ship it to them. I was
hoping there was something with Windows I might have missed, some step I
needed to take in order to listen to my headphones.
Thanks,
FG

Old June 15th 08, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Charlie Tame

Some sound cards can have configurable sockets so that the function of
each socket can be changed. Some will "Sense" what you plug into them.
Check the HP site for driver updates and then try calling their tech
support. It is possible that this is a well known (to them) problem and
a very quick fix is available.

Old June 16th 08, 05:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Concern1

Thanks for your reply. I will definitely make some time to call their tech
center and hope that the fix might just be something I can download or tweak.
Thanks,
FG

Old November 13th 08, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
weejokey

hi guys i have just bought a new computer with a Fatal1ty Professional
Series sound card ,i dont know if they have enabled my sound card
because when i plugg my medusa headset into the sound card i hear
nothing ,being new to vista i dont know much about it and how to check
to see what sound it is using.plz help

--
weejokey