Vista & Benq V2400W LCD

Old June 20th 08, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Simj

Default Vista & Benq V2400W LCD

Hi, I just bought *Benq V2400W* display and connected it to my pc using
DVI. It's native screen resolution is _1920_x_1200_ px but Vista will
allow me to set only _1600_x_1200_ resolution - anything bigger results
in black jumping screen. I have the latest ATI graphic card drivers
(Sapphire Radeon 2900 Pro 1GB). What should I do?

--
Simj
Old June 20th 08, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Change the monitor's Screen Refresh Rate to 60 Hertz.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old June 21st 08, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Simj

'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:
;753091']Change the monitor's Screen Refresh Rate to 60 Hertz.

--

"Simj" wrote in message

Hi, I just bought *Benq V2400W* display and connected it to my pc using
DVI. It's native screen resolution is _1920_x_1200_ px but Vista will
allow me to set only _1600_x_1200_ resolution - anything bigger results
in black jumping screen. I have the latest ATI graphic card drivers
(Sapphire Radeon 2900 Pro 1GB). What should I do?

--
Simj

Thank you for your advice, but unfortunately it did not help because
the refresh rate in ATI Control Panel is already set to 60 Hz (the only
other option is 59 Hz).
I upgraded my drivers to the just released version 8.6 and there seems
to be some improvement - the screen does not jump, it just goes blank
and then it appears and then it goes blank again... and so on. Sometimes
screen's OSD shows: "Nonpreset mode detected".
I thought about going back to Windows XP but it would probably not
help, would it?

--
Simj

Old June 21st 08, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DL

The ATI card support the resolution you seek, either there is a problem with
the driver or your card / PC

"Simj" wrote in message

Hi, I just bought *Benq V2400W* display and connected it to my pc
using
DVI. It's native screen resolution is _1920_x_1200_ px but Vista will
allow me to set only _1600_x_1200_ resolution - anything bigger
results
in black jumping screen. I have the latest ATI graphic card drivers
(Sapphire Radeon 2900 Pro 1GB). What should I do?

--
Simj

From ATI. Is there a difference?

--
Simj

Old June 24th 08, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Simj

Ok, so the problem was not Vista related after all. I installed OpenSuse
linux 11 and everything was fine until I installed ATI drivers - then
everything went wrong again. So I tried using D-sub cable with DVI
convertor (my card has only DVI input) as Curious suggested and *it
actually worked*. Thank you.
They also mention somewhere on '[H]ard|Forum - Powered by vBulletin'
(http://www.hardforum.com) that some ATI cards are having problems with
these monitors using DVI.

--
Simj