WMP 11 on Vista Biz x64 Appcrash

Old July 22nd 08, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Default WMP 11 on Vista Biz x64 Appcrash

Thank you - the second confirmation on the E8400 is very interesting.

If I'm reading this correctly: are you still hitting this crash these days?
That might potentially have some additional value as it might still be able
to be debugged in some fashion.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"bad_the_ba" wrote in message

Yeah, My experience was pretty much the same. I had Installed Vista Biz
x64 and had added a network folder to monitor for my WMP library. I had
no other music added other than the included sample music. The original
setup was:
Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus
Pentium D 950 3.4
OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800 SLI edition
Seagate 750 GB SATAII
I ordered parts for a Media Center PC, and when I got them I swapped
the Pentium D for an E8400 and booted up. I got no errors or prompts and
everything seemed like normal. Until I ran WMP for the first time. I
then got the AppCrash and it was reproduced every time I tried to open
WMP or Individualize through IE7. I have no other MS licensed software
on his machine, and Vista at that point was still unactivated because of
my HDD situation I had mentioned before. I assume that this could be
reproduced the same way over and over again. The KB article told me what
I needed to do, but I was unwilling to swap back to the original config,
since I had the machines already set up on opposite ends of the house.
That's about it, thanks for the support.

--
bad_the_ba

Old July 24th 08, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

This may be tough to answer but:
* Was the system individualized / able to play DRM files before the system
upgrade?
* Had the player been used before the system upgrade?

Right now the dev and tester aren't getting any crashes when they:
* indiv / play the content
* swap CPU
* play the content
, so I'm wondering what they/I are missing here in terms of information.

Thanks,
-Zach
--
Speaking for myself only.