Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Export messages from Windows Mail to Outlook

Old June 21st 08, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Helen

Default Export messages from Windows Mail to Outlook

I'm struggling to export my messages from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003 (which
is installed and running on my computer).

When I export to Microsoft Exchange format, the outlook.pst file is created
in C:\User\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\. .., not under "roaming"
as described below. If I try to import this file into Outlook I get an error
message "The source and destination folders for this operation cannot be the
same".

I've tried exporting to Windows Mail format, but then I can't figure out how
to import this into Outlook.

Please help!!!

"Dave" wrote:

If you export to Microsoft Exchange format, it creates an Outlook.pst file
located in
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outl ook\

If you export to Windows Mail format, you have to tell it where to save (to
an empty folder).

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"RWS" wrote in message
Forgot to mention, using VISTA
--
RWS

"RWS" wrote:

Where does the file created using export messages go??
--
RWS

Old June 21st 08, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

There's a possibility you have to copy the outlook.pst file that was
created to some other directory before you import the copy, in
order to avoid that error message.

Old June 23rd 08, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Don't attempt to import the created .PST file, just open it. In Outlook
2003, go to 'File|Open|Outlook Data File', navigate to this created .PST
file, and click OK. You can now drag and drop anything you need from this
..PST file into your default Outlook 2003 .PST file.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Old February 15th 11, 10:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Enric Welay

Default Don't attempt to import the created .PST file, just open it.

Hi,

i have converted my windows mail to outlook 2007 using this windows live mail converter softlay.

it just took 20 minutes to convert my all emails to outlook.

you can try this from www.windowslivemailconverter.com

On Saturday, June 21, 2008 11:20 AM Hele wrote:

I'm struggling to export my messages from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003 (which
is installed and running on my computer).

When I export to Microsoft Exchange format, the outlook.pst file is created
in C:\User\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\. .., not under "roaming"
as described below. If I try to import this file into Outlook I get an error
message "The source and destination folders for this operation cannot be the
same".

I've tried exporting to Windows Mail format, but then I can't figure out how
to import this into Outlook.

Please help!!!

"Dave" wrote:

There is a possibility you have to copy the outlook.pst file that was

On Monday, June 23, 2008 2:45 PM Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] wrote:

Don't attempt to import the created .PST file, just open it. In Outlook
2003, go to 'File|Open|Outlook Data File', navigate to this created .PST
file, and click OK. You can now drag and drop anything you need from this
.PST file into your default Outlook 2003 .PST file.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Helen" wrote in message
(which
created
"roaming"
error
the
how
file

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Statistics, Probability, Lotteries and Dumb Programmers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ogrammers.aspx