Bluetooth Driver for my hp latop

Old June 21st 08, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ol

Default Bluetooth Driver for my hp latop

I bought a laptop few months ago but each time it boots there is a message
that the Bluetooth Driver needs to be installed. Details are below:

Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not
find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device
manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the
device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is
BTHENUM\{00005005-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f.

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architectu x86
Hardware Id: BTHENUM\{00005005-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

I will appreciate support please.
--
Ol
Old June 22nd 08, 12:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

Are you sure that your new computer came standard with Bluetooth? Most of
them still do not and those that do come with the driver preinstalled

Old June 22nd 08, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

In additions to Curious' comment, you should contact the mfg of your
computer for support.

Old June 22nd 08, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ol

Thanks Curious and Colin

My laptop is HP pavilion dv2630ea. It has a switch to turn on the bluetooth
wireless on the anterior part of the laptop. I would have expected the driver
to have been pre-installed.

I will try to contact HPas advised though.
--
Ol

Old June 22nd 08, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

Does the Bluetooth receiver show up in device manager?
Do you have a Bluetooth item in Control Panel?
Have you checked at the HP website for a Bluetooth driver for your model?
Have you run the HP check for updates program on your computer?

Old June 22nd 08, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ol

I don't quite know how to check in device manager. However, I could see
bluetooth in Control Panel.
I also checked HP's site for the driver and I was directed to Broadcomm's
site. I got an updated driver (sp39249) and installed it successfully. I then
restarted the laptop.
I was again suprised to see the usual message 'New Device Found'. Anyway I
was able to transfer files to my laptop to my phone successfully but could
not connect to transfer from my phone to the laptop.
--
Ol

Old June 17th 09, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aaksneo

i have the same problem on my Acer 5920...bluetooth version : broadcomm
bluetooth EDR 2.0 USB Gongle

Please help me guys...in huge trble...my cell is of no use widout my
lappy...need to transfer things...

May god bless u...

--
aaksneo
aaksneo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/106673.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old June 17th 09, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

I can find nothing that indicates that you Laptop has built in Bluetooth
suppor.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/acer...-32461074.html

If you purchased a different version that has built in Bluetooth o which
comes with a bluetooth dongle can you please provide a link to the product
you purchased.

Old June 18th 09, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tae Song

"aaksneo" wrote in message

i have the same problem on my Acer 5920...bluetooth version : broadcomm
bluetooth EDR 2.0 USB Gongle

Please help me guys...in huge trble...my cell is of no use widout my
lappy...need to transfer things...

May god bless u...

--
aaksneo
aaksneo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/106673.htm
View this thread:
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/990035.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Remember and this is important, DELETE the old pair information and create a
new pair. Using old pair information with the new software may cause you
not to be able to connect.