Logitech Clearchat Comfort USB Headset

Old June 22nd 08, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GD

Default Logitech Clearchat Comfort USB Headset

New right out of the box this morning....plugged in Logitech Clearchat
Comfort USB headset and it's not recognized by Vista Premium or XP SP2 or Mac
OS X 10.4.11.

Logitech Clearchat USB headset with HP Vista premium laptop, window pops up
to say new USB hardware found, installs drivers, red (headset) power light
comes and then after less than one minute, eveything disappears and it's
gone.... it's no longer recognized. In another instance, new hardware window
pops up then error message tells me USB devise not recognized!

Second test was with Compaq laptop running Win XP home w/SP2, same as above,
window pops up to say new hardware found, instals drivers, "new hardware
ready to use", red power light comes on and then nothing.... no sound, no
microphone, nothing! Does not even appear as a devise in audio properties.
Tested another brand USB headset and it works without issue!

Third test, no name tower with MSI MB and it's loaded with high end
hardware, 4 Gig ram, running Vista Premium, another brand USB head set works.
Same proceedure as above, plug in the Logitech Clearchat comfort USB, new
hardware recognized, drivers installed and message "new hardware ready to
use".... nothing but a little red light on the volume control for about a
minute then everything disappears.

Last attempt to get this thing to work was with Apple G4 laptop running OS X
10.4.11. Mac native drivers pre installed.... nothing! Not even the red power
light.

Bottom line, I know ALL of the above laptops & tower are current as far as
system up-dates, all USB ports function properly and ALL work with another
USB headset brand, with Skype and other audio. Did I buy a piece of crap? Or
did I just get one that slipped by QC?

Logitech tech support blames product malfunctions on Windows OS failures on
just about every instance seen on its user forums. In other words, they take
no responsibility for their crappy products.

Does anyone know how to make Logitech Clearchat Comfort USB headsets work
with Vista or XP SP2? Any help would be greatly appriciated.