Vista Banter

-   -   problem with computer dell (http://www.vistabanter.com/129587-problem-computer-dell.html)

Richard_NIC June 23rd 08 03:16 AM

problem with computer dell

Iam having problems with my computer. It re-starts itself frecuently. It
happens when I am navigating or using the internet. Could it be a problem of
my UPS? The windows help suggests it could be a problem with my sound card,
what do you think?

PC509 June 23rd 08 03:46 AM

problem with computer dell

See if there are any updated drivers on Windows Update or on the Dell
site for any hardware in your computer. Also, you might try downloading
Speedfan ('SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer'
(http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php)) and see what your temperatures
are. Usually, new computers don't have any issues, but I've seen a few
that had fans that didn't work or heatsinks not seated correctly.

If it's your sound card, you can try disabling it and see if the
problem continues. If it does, you can rule that out. Otherwise, check
for new drivers for it.

--
PC509

Dustin Harper

http://www.vistarip.com

Mick Murphy June 23rd 08 09:16 AM

problem with computer dell

Startright-click ComputerPropertiesDevice Manager Make sure everything is
OK with Drivers there.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia