Vista boot and shutdown problems ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 24th 08, 08:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Frank Uray

Default Vista boot and shutdown problems ...

Hi all

I am proffesional .NET developer working with C# and SQL.
Because of new features of the new MS products I was
switching to Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit.
My Vista runs on: ASUS Striker II Extreme with QuadCore 2.5 GHz.
4 GB Patriot Memory, 2 GeForce Grafikcards with 4 Monitors,
300GB Fujitsu SCSI disk.

Now, the problem is:
I hade always some problems with booting and Shutdown.
Somitimes I had to start the pc 4 times until it runs.
Also somitimes it was not Shutingdown ...
When it was up und running, all was ok, except somitimes
Network does not work ...
Finaly now, the system was running fine and I plugged
in a webcam and it was starting to install forever ...
After about 1h, I switched off the pc and now it does
not boot any moren ...

When I try to boot in SaveMode, it stopps at crcdisk.sys.
I cannot even boot from install CD ...

What should I do now ????
- Buy another harddisk and install a fresh copy of Vista ??
- Buy another harddisk and go back to Windows XP ??
Or ist there anybody out ther who knows a solution ???

I really need to work with my pc
and I would be happy for any comment on this issue !!

Best regards
Frank Uray