Vista RC1 wont detect Nova-T PCI

Old December 7th 06, 08:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mathew Lawson

Default Vista RC1 wont detect Nova-T PCI

Hi all

I installed Vista RC1 and it would not detect my Nova-T PCI card. Thinking
its a hardware fault I uninstalled vista and put XP back on and the card
worked fine.

I then put vista back on and again it didnt detect it. So I manually tried
to install the drivers. I managed to get the Hauppauge Wintv 88x TS Caputre
driver installed fine after many BSOD but nothing else has been detected.

What can I do????
Old December 7th 06, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

I don't think any vendors that did not supply RC1 drivers prior to the
release of RC2 are still supporting RC1 and in fact I believe both the
vendors and Microsoft are only concerned with drivers for the RTM release
since the Beta and RC phases have been completed.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote in message
Contact the hardware manufacturer for Vista drivers.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

Old December 8th 06, 04:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Chances are high that a driver for one will work with the other.

Also if a driver is not available but is needed, the user needs to contact
the hardware manufacturer so the manufacturer knows there is a need.

However, the older the hardware, the less likely the manufacturer will
invest resources to develop a newer driver.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old December 8th 06, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mathew Lawson

Thx all for the comments but the main problem is that Vista is not detecting
the hardware to install it.

I know the hardware works because it is only 3 months old and I put xp back
on for a short while to see if it waorked and it was fine.

I just need to know how I can get vista to see the hardware.

Old December 9th 06, 01:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

The hardware working is only part of the problem.
You need to also have a driver compatible with Vista.
Sometimes the Windows XP drivers work for some hardware, but not always.
Contact the hardware manufacturer to ask about Vista compatibility.
They can tell you if it is possible to get Vista to see the hardware.

It is possible there are not vista drivers now but there may be in January
when Vista becomes publically available.