Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Add/Remove Program

Old June 26th 08, 03:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Steph

Default Add/Remove Program

I've been trying to remove ErrorSmart from my computer. It's not the complete
program, just a scan so it does not offer its own uninstall option.

Windows said it was preparing to uninstall then I get the message:

The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.
Then, You do not have sufficient access to uninstall ErrorSmart. Please
contact your system administrator.

Last time I checked, I was the system administrator of my laptop. I'm the
one that downloaded it, so how do I remove it?

Old June 26th 08, 11:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Peter

Apparently it's not easy to get rid of....there's some help he
http://vista.blorge.com/2008/01/27/f...o-uninstaller/
See the responses further down.
Takes a while to load.

Peter
Toronto, Canada.

Old June 28th 08, 01:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Sulthan

Hi Steph,

Download windows cleanup utility using the following link :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
and try to uninstall the program if this doesnt work then follow this step
Steps:
-------
1. Click on start and In start search type Regedit then click ok, it will
open the registry editor.

2. Click on file then click on export then save the registry backup on your c:

3. On the left panel, click on the plus sign near to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and
then under that Click on the plus sign near to Software,
There you can find errorsmart folder, Right click on it and delete it.

4. Now try to remove the errorsmart from programs and features.

thanks......