don't know how to access inbuilt camera

Old June 26th 08, 08:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Susanne

Default don't know how to access inbuilt camera

Hi

I have Windows Vista Business and a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ19VN.

I have an inbuilt webcam (motion eye). The webcam works - it automatically
comes up when I do skype calls.

My question is whether I can use the camera for video recordings that I do
independently from skype and how to access my camera.

Old June 26th 08, 12:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"Susanne" wrote in message
news
Hi

I have Windows Vista Business and a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ19VN.

I have an inbuilt webcam (motion eye). The webcam works - it automatically
comes up when I do skype calls.

My question is whether I can use the camera for video recordings that I do
independently from skype and how to access my camera.

Susanne

Look through the list of ALL PROGRAMS..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old June 26th 08, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Susanne

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

"Susanne" wrote in message
news
Hi

I have Windows Vista Business and a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ19VN.

I have an inbuilt webcam (motion eye). The webcam works - it automatically
comes up when I do skype calls.

My question is whether I can use the camera for video recordings that I do
independently from skype and how to access my camera.

Susanne

Look through the list of ALL PROGRAMS..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
Mike's Window - My Blog..

I have done that several times and a friend looked there as well. Unfortunately we cannot find it.

Old June 26th 08, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Certainly. But like anything else you need programs. Skype is obviously
one which you have. If your computer did not include other programs that
use the webcam, then google and see what else is out there. There are a lot
of nifty apps that can use it.

I googled on "webcam software" and got some really impressive stuff, like
Camtasia.

Old June 26th 08, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MickK[_3_]

Hi, I have an HP laptop. To access the webcam - All
ProgramsQuickplayMusic, Video, Pictue(2nd option from left). Then in
the 'source' column you should see the webcam which you select and use
to make stills or video.
Hope this helps.
MickK

Old June 26th 08, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LVTravel[_2_]

"Susanne" wrote in message
news
Hi

I have Windows Vista Business and a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ19VN.

I have an inbuilt webcam (motion eye). The webcam works - it automatically
comes up when I do skype calls.

My question is whether I can use the camera for video recordings that I do
independently from skype and how to access my camera.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/...1/FZ1_H_EN.pdf is the manual
for your system. It specifically says on Page 34 that the program will NOT
work with Windows Movie Maker software so you will need to find out what
program Sony put on the computer to allow you to use it for video capture.

If you can't find a program on your computer to run the video capture from
your web camera, you should Google for "Free video capture" and try some of
the shareware to see if any will operate your computer's camera.

My HP computer came with a program (CyberLink YouCam) that allows both
instant messaging over the internet or video capture to the hard drive as a
file. Works really well with my hardware and they have a free trial at
www.cyberlink.com and click on the YouCam program at the lower left.

Hope this helps, let us know

Old June 26th 08, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Barnett MVP[_3_]

Camtasia is probably the best if you need to record demos, presentation or
tutorial based videos. I have it on my machine and find it extremely useful.
It costs around $299 (£150)

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience