problem wit my vista ulti sp1 32

Old June 29th 08, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Halu

Default problem wit my vista ulti sp1 32

after i format my pc from windows xp and new installation of vista sp1 32, my
windows cant start up after installing forceware for my 8400gs(version 163.71
i think). is that might be that forceware do not compatible with vista
sp1???i also try restore that windows to earlier point and try intall newer
version of forceware,175.19, the problem still not solve..my windows still
cant start up after restart from installing forceware..any idea y??
Old June 29th 08, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie Tame

Halu wrote:
after i format my pc from windows xp and new installation of vista sp1 32, my
windows cant start up after installing forceware for my 8400gs(version 163.71
i think). is that might be that forceware do not compatible with vista
sp1???i also try restore that windows to earlier point and try intall newer
version of forceware,175.19, the problem still not solve..my windows still
cant start up after restart from installing forceware..any idea y??

Can you get it to start at all? What about safe mode?

What machine is it, or what motherboard if it's one you built.

If you can't get into safe mode then you probably can't easily remove
any drivers.
Old June 30th 08, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Halu

i use gigabyte 945gcmx s2..i can go in safemode..what driver need to
remove???i can't start up exactly after install forceware driver..

Old June 30th 08, 04:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie Tame

"Charlie Tame" wrote:

Halu wrote:
after i format my pc from windows xp and new installation of vista sp1 32, my
windows cant start up after installing forceware for my 8400gs(version 163.71
i think). is that might be that forceware do not compatible with vista
sp1???i also try restore that windows to earlier point and try intall newer
version of forceware,175.19, the problem still not solve..my windows still
cant start up after restart from installing forceware..any idea y??

Can you get it to start at all? What about safe mode?

What machine is it, or what motherboard if it's one you built.

If you can't get into safe mode then you probably can't easily remove
any drivers.

Well it has been said that you should remove old NVidia drivers before
installing new. Also only install with a clean system - that means just
after rebooting.

I think your Gigabyte has NVidia drivers as well, check their website
and let the auto download thing pick drivers for the motherboard.
Suggest do that before the video card drivers

Download both packages to the desktop or some easy to find place.
Reboot. Install Gigabyte drivers (If that is what they are). Reboot.
Install Video drivers. Reboot.

It is not safe to try letting these things install automatically in my
experience.

Old June 30th 08, 09:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Halu

it meant that i also need to install the vga driver for my motherboard??even
though i connect my display with my nvdia???