multiple hard drives problem

Old June 29th 08, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
taylorstapleton

Default multiple hard drives problem

okay so i just built this new computer, and i installed two 250 gig hard
drives. the bios recognize both drives just fine but windows is not. it only
lists me as having one C: drive with 250 gig and the other one is not listed
at all. is there some setting in windows that i need to enable?

any help is greatly appreciated
Old June 29th 08, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PvdG42

"taylorstapleton" wrote in
message ...
okay so i just built this new computer, and i installed two 250 gig hard
drives. the bios recognize both drives just fine but windows is not. it
only
lists me as having one C: drive with 250 gig and the other one is not
listed
at all. is there some setting in windows that i need to enable?

any help is greatly appreciated

Is the second drive partitioned and formatted? The process of installing
your OS took care of that on the OS drive, but before programs like Windows
Explorer will "see" the second drive, it must be partitioned and formatted.
Go into Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk
Management and check for the second drive. If it's there, you can partition
and format it.

Old June 29th 08, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JerryM

Go into your BIOS and be sure the second hard drive is recognized, if not ,
Windows can't see it.

"taylorstapleton" wrote in
message ...

Old June 29th 08, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dominic Payer[_2_]

You need to initialise the disk, partition, format and assign a drive letter
in Disk Management.

In Windows Start type diskmgmt.msc and then hit Enter.

"taylorstapleton" wrote in
message ...

Old June 29th 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

The problem is that they are new drives and he has to inialize the second
one like PvdG42 says. Everything is hunky dorey. The OP just needs to
complete normal set up of the drive.

Old June 29th 08, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dustin Harper

You can go to the Control Panel Administrative Tools Computer Management
then in the left pane, click Disk Management. If you see the disk in

there, you should be able to right click it and partition it, then format
it.

Then Vista will see it with no problems.

--

Dustin Harper

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer

"taylorstapleton" wrote in
message ...