Epson status monitor

Old July 9th 08, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
James

Default Epson status monitor

Cari,

Maybe I'm missing something here -- but as I said (typed) in my first
response/reply, "I'm still using my CX6400."

This CX6400 is still operating like brand new and I can still get cartridges
on base (I'm a retired U.S. Navy Master Chief Petty Officer [E-9]), and I
see no reason to buy a "newer" printer. My 8 1/2 year old Chevrolet S-10
Extreme with a little over 25,000 miles is a similar situation -- no need to
get rid of a perfectly good item when it's working okay.

I did go to the local Best Buy electronics store and talked with a clerk
about buying a brand new Epson All in One printer, but when I mentioned the
problems I was having with missing items on my CX6400 Status Monitor in
Windows Vista, he wouldn't guarantee ANY of his new All in One printers
would give me all the Status Monitor options I had with Windows XP, and
politely excused himself. Hmmmm......

As I tried to explain in my first post to Elladave, I've learned to "work
around" the missing options in my Status Monitor. For example, my wife
volunteers help for two of our granddaughters high school band and receives
a weekly e-mail from the senior volunteer. The first page is the e-mail
addresses for all the people who have children in the band. With Windows XP
I had the option of NOT printing that first page -- saves paper and ink, but
with the Status Monitor in Vista I don't have the option of "de-selecting" a
page. My "work around" is to highlight the text in the e-mail I want to
print for my wife and then copy and paste it into one of my word processors
and print from there. Again, quoting from my first post, "...it just takes
a little longer to get the end result I desire...".
----

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
There are plenty of newer printers with multiple cartridges for different
colors. Even plenty of Epsons if you like that particular manufacturer.
Plenty of Canons too.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"James" James@home wrote in message
Elladave,

So it all boils down to what I said in my first response to your problem:
"...finally a rude lady at Epson told me that Epson would NOT be writing
new
programs for my "old" all in one printer...".

Even so, I still like my Epson CX6400 because of the individual ink
tanks --
I got tired of throwing away a perfectly good color cartridge for a couple
HP printers -- well "perfectly good" except ONE COLOR had ran out...

Good luck, and thanks for the followup advice.

P.S. to Tom: I'm surely not a "Know it All" as you may have been at age
16
and suggest I may have been -- I turned 67 on the 4th of this month -- but
have learned a couple of things, and one is not to get down in the mud
with
the pigs -- you'll just wind up muddy... That's supposed to be a
"funny" --
laugh... :-)
-----
"elladave" wrote in message
AT LAST!
I finally got a reply from EPson. It seems the only way to use this
printer
with VISTA is to do without the Status Monitor i.e dont use the sofware CD
supplied with the printer! see below:-

The installation CD provided with the printer will not contain the drivers
for Vista. I would recommend uninstalling the currently installed drivers
using the following process:

Click Start and then Control Panel -Programs & Features. Highlight the
EPSON
Printer Software and uninstall it. Say yes to any questions when prompted
and
the driver will be removed. The printer should now be uninstalled.

Please be advised that EPSON have not produced any updated drivers for
your
printer for Windows Vista. There are however, alternative drivers included
as
part of your operating system. To install these drivers please follow the
instructions below:

1. From the Desktop select Start Control Panel.

2. In the Control Panel select Printers.

3. In the Printers window click on Add Printer this will bring up the Add
Printer wizard.

4. Select "Add Local Printer".

5. Select the correct Port for your Printer and click the "Next" button
until you arrive at the screen entitled "Install the Printer Driver".

6. This screen will be split into two parts. On the left hand side you
will
need to pick the Manufacturer, in this case EPSON. On the right hand side
select the model of your printer, when you have selected the options click
the "Next" button to continue.

7. Keep clicking "Next" leaving all the settings at default until you
reach
the final screen where you will need to select "Finish".

This driver is not compatible with the EPSON Status Monitor and does not
show a progress monitor while printing. To view the ink levels for the
printer you will need do the following.

1: Open Start Menu and select Control Panel.

2: In the Control Panel open Printers.

3: Right click on the printer icon and select Printer Preferences.

4: In the Printer Preferences Main tab click on the option to “Get Ink
Levels”

This will then show the ink levels.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

The correct way to uninstall and reinstall....
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

Get the latest drivers from Epson's website.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"elladave" wrote in message
Ok Larry this seems like the most straightforward reply I've had so
far.
Can you tell me how to;-
*remove residual registry entries
*insatall latest drivers and monitor without using the software disc
supplied with the printer
many thanks D.

"Larry S" wrote:

I know you may not want to read this, but try deleting the printer,
uninstalling the Epson printer and all its drivers (being sure there
are
no
residual registry entries) and the status monitor, and reinstall as a
new
printer using the latest drivers and monitor software. I had similar
communications problems with a different model Epson printer, and
removing
then reinstalling the latest drivers and monitor worked for me.
Installing
the new drivers and software 'on top' of the existing versions did not
work - a complete clear out was needed first.

"elladave" wrote in message
I have just brought new pc(Acer E120) with Vista preinstalled.
Having
then
insatalled all the software for my Epson C60 printer I get the
message
"parameter incorrect" when I try to print anything. When i try to
access
the
Status Monitor the message is "bidirectional communication needed"
I can print nozzel check patterns and clean nozzels till the cows
come
home,
so I'm guessing the USB port and lead are fine (have changed both
anyway)
Have updated Vista (service pack 1 + anything else they seem to
think
need)
Have updated drivers from Epson site.
Does anyone have any answers for this. I have been trying to solve
this
for
nearly a week. And belive me i have looked everywhere on the web for
an
answer....HELP!

Old July 9th 08, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Tom ferguson

For some reason, the "original" of this does not show in the thread but I
happened by it in your reply to Cari.

P.S. to Tom: I'm surely not a "Know it All" as you may have been at age
16
and suggest I may have been -- I turned 67 on the 4th of this month --
but
have learned a couple of things, and one is not to get down in the mud
with
the pigs -- you'll just wind up muddy... That's supposed to be a
"funny" --
laugh... :-)
-----

Among barn-yard and animal wisdom, that one ranks among my favourites along
with, "It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys."

I've passed 65 so I'm entitles to add, "old age is quite a price to pay for
wisdom".
-author unknown.

Its a wonderful, warm, sunny day here. Hope you are doing at least as as
well. All the best.
Tom

Old July 17th 08, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Larry S[_2_]

Been away for a few days and only just read your questions and other
registry before installing the latest (downloaded) drivers by running
registry cleaners such as RegClean (XP Power Toys), BeClean, CCleaner, and
EasyCleaner - all available on-line.

Larry S

"elladave" wrote in message
I have just brought new pc(Acer E120) with Vista preinstalled. Having
then
insatalled all the software for my Epson C60 printer I get the message
"parameter incorrect" when I try to print anything. When i try to
access
the
Status Monitor the message is "bidirectional communication needed"
I can print nozzel check patterns and clean nozzels till the cows come
home,
so I'm guessing the USB port and lead are fine (have changed both
anyway)
Have updated Vista (service pack 1 + anything else they seem to think I

Old November 20th 08, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
toonbadger

Hi all im a first timer but may have a fix for you
My R300 would not print anything after software install so I
uninstalled epson software and driver I then:
1. Connected Printer
2. Let vista install own drivers
3. Explored the R300 disc
4. Installed the software I wanted(print cd)

all ok

_To_print_cd_

1. Printer settings
2. select Tray 2 then
3. Properties

_On_Paper_Options_

_Scource_
Select Manual

_Type_
Select CD/DVD

print away guys but you have to do this every time you print onto a
disc. this also allows ink monitoring and maintainance

--
toonbadger
Old December 21st 09, 07:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
JohnBrown1321

This type of error usually occurs during installation initialization.To
solve this,copy all the files of that installation and paste it in your
hard drive in a folder which you have to make it and after that install
it again by clicking on setup.exe .

--
JohnBrown1321