3GB mem problem

Old December 8th 06, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JackTheKnife

Default 3GB mem problem

Situation is little bit strange. I have 3GB ram mem which works fine under
Win XP and Ubuntu, but after installation of Vista RC2 I can't boot that
system until I unplug one of 1GB sticks. I run Windows Memory Diagonostic
Tool and MemTest86 and both passed successful. I have KingstonValue RAM 2x
KVR400AK2 and 1x KVR400X64C3A on DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra-B. Thanks for any
help.
Old February 8th 07, 08:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Deano

Jack, i have had the same problem, even microsoft techs can not provide any
solution!!!! Can anybody else help

Old February 8th 07, 09:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
koze

Not so strange if you get trouble with this, mixing single and dual channel
(KVR400AK2 (Dual) and 1x KVR400X64C3A (Single!)) doesn't work right!
It might have been working if the OS doesn't check well, but Vista tests the
memory much better and therefore is giving this kind of trouble.
Ko.

"Deano" schreef in bericht

Old February 8th 07, 10:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Warren

I've seen this message, I think at the first time installing Vista.. said
"reserving 768 meg" for something....

--
Sandman

Your village called... they want their idiot back!

Old February 8th 07, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Deano

I was uising 3 x1 GB PC3200 400Mhz from crucial, brand new all the same type
of moduals. I did crank the PC up after doing vista memory test, bit it
failed to reboot, now running with 2GB, can't use flash USB to bolster memory
either.