error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start

Old July 11th 08, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Kiara1427

Default error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start

ok I have a few problems, first of all when I installed my kodak printer dock
it doesnt even show up in the "printers" file. Secondly when I try to print
anything it comes up with the error message 1068. Ive already went through
and made sure all the dependecies were on "automatic". It wont let me start
the "print spooler" it just comes up with the error message. Im using a brand
new laptop with Windows Vista, please help me!!!!
Old July 11th 08, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

did you previously have a Dell or Lexmark printer installed?

If so go to the vendor website and download and run the uninstall utility
for your device.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Old July 11th 08, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Kiara1427

yes i tried to install my lexmark printer before the kodak printer dock. I
ran the unistall utility like you said but I still cant get the "print
spooler" to start? I still recieve the same message "error 1068" also I went
back through all the dependencies, there is one that I can start "lexBce
server" when I try to it says "error 2- system cannot find the file
specified"...urgh! Now what do I do? Please help me!!!

Old July 12th 08, 01:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

You need to do what a gazillion others Lexmark customers have done.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757/en-us
You cannot add a printer, and you receive printer spooler error messages

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base he

news

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

did you previously have a Dell or Lexmark printer installed?

If so go to the vendor website and download and run the uninstall utility
for your device.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base he

rights.

Old July 13th 08, 04:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Kiara1427

And what exactly did a gazillion other lexmark customers do? I went to
lexmarks website, downloaded and ran the unistall utility and it still dont
work! I dont care to use the lexmark printer, I just want to be able to use
my kodak printer dock

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

You need to do what a gazillion others Lexmark customers have done.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757/en-us
You cannot add a printer, and you receive printer spooler error messages

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base he

news

Old July 14th 08, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

The utilities that Lexmark wrote for most of their multifunction devices
removes the Lexmark Service dependency from the spooler.

Does Lexmark require that the uninstall utility is run As administrator?

Read the instructions that Bruce provides. This does need to be performed
in admin context not just logged on as admin.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

You need to do what a gazillion others Lexmark customers have done.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757/en-us
You cannot add a printer, and you receive printer spooler error messages

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base he