Vista Banter

-   Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/printing-faxing-scanning-vista/)
-   -   Can'r Print (http://www.vistabanter.com/132966-canr-print.html)

Garry July 13th 08 07:23 PM

Can'r Print

I'm using a HP Deskjet 5550 printer, but nothing prints. I've checked that
it was installed properly. Vista came on the HP Pavilion Entertainment PC
that we recently purchased, and ever since we bought it, we've had this
problem printing.

I'm not particularly computer savvy, but everything seems to be alright.
When we hooked up the printer the first time to the USB port, our printer was
identified as the default printer. I've heard that one of the common
problems with Vista is printing related. I sure hope this is an easy fix.
--
Garry

huwyngr July 13th 08 11:45 PM

Can'r Print

In article , Garry wrote:

When we hooked up the printer the first time to the USB port, our printer was*
identified as the default printer.

Did you double check in the Printers Folder to see that there is a green check
mark on the printer icon?

Did you run the test print that you can run from the printer itself without
involving the PC? Check you manual for instructions.

Garry July 14th 08 12:20 AM

Can'r Print

Yes, there is a green check in the printer's folder.

No, didn't think to run the test from the printer. I'll have to give that a
try.

Thanks for the suggestion.
--
Garry

Cari \(MS-MVP\) July 14th 08 09:53 PM

Can'r Print

There are solutions on HP's website, including firmware updates for the
device:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2093
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

huwyngr July 17th 08 04:36 PM

Can'r Print

In article , Garry wrote:

No, didn't think to run the test from the printer. *I'll have to give that a*
try.

Helps with elimination but see Cari's link to firmware updates -- see the
reference to Read the Readme which is located on a TAB on the download page.