Vista Banter

-   -   Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet Nic (http://www.vistabanter.com/133432-realtek-rtl8139-810x-family-fast-ethernet-nic.html)

Bad Dog Running July 16th 08 02:03 PM

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet Nic

I play on a mud (it is a text based game) and tend to idle when im at work.
When I come back home my computer is in a sleep type mode and the Ethernet
card is also put into a sleep type mode and i lose connection to my game. how
do i fix this so the computer does not go into sleep at all ever or interupt
the ethernet card?

Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) July 16th 08 02:11 PM

Bad Dog Running wrote:
I play on a mud (it is a text based game) and tend to idle when im at work.
When I come back home my computer is in a sleep type mode and the Ethernet
card is also put into a sleep type mode and i lose connection to my game. how
do i fix this so the computer does not go into sleep at all ever or interupt
the ethernet card?

Go to Control Panel - Power Options.
Also check your BIOS's settings.

--