Autoplay for Portable Devices

Old July 18th 08, 10:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
k1190

Default Autoplay for Portable Devices

Autoplay for all devices was working perfectly fine on my first Vista
install. A couple of days ago i decided to reformat and reinstall vista.
Straight away when that finished i started applying SP1 and all other
necessary updates. Autoplay still working fine. I connected my Zen MP3 and
its autoplay dialougue opened as normal. Then a few days later, i tried
connecting my camera to import. I was notified that drivers had successfully
been installed, but no auto play popped up. I checked in Computer and saw
that it was indeed connected and listed under portable devices. I was still
able to import off it using Live Photo Gallery. But i wanted the autoplay to
show up. Then i tried connecting my MP3. Guess what? No autoplay, but it was
listed under portable devices in Computer. I connected my Handcam through
firewire, and its atuoplay showed up normally, and so does all other types of
autoplay devices (DVD, External Drive, USB flash drive, etc) except for my
camera and MP3, both listed as Portable Devices.

I have been searching the web for answers, and have tried various fixes
which never addressed the problem. I have tried the one that involves going
into the registry to look for some value "NoDriveTypeAutoRun", but i cant
find this value anywhere.

Does anyone know how to fix this. As i said before, it was working properly
on my previous installation, with an almost identical system.
Old July 18th 08, 10:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
k1190

Also, just adding a bit more information:

In 'Devices' in the Autoplay control panel, my MP3 is listed as a device,
while my camera isnt, but both still are recognized by Widows. My MP3 was one
of the first devices i connected and was present on the list before the
problem occurred. When i went into the registry and did a test by deleting
the key for the MP3 in 'Known Devices' it disappeared from the list, but when
i reconnected the device, it never returned to the Autoplay control panel as
a new device, which should have happened. My camera just refuses to even
show.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old August 23rd 08, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Grem

Same thing has happened to me with regard to autoplay recognizing my SD card.
The problem occurred after a Windows auto update. I'm getting more and more
tired of Windows- the support is abysmal.

Old January 3rd 09, 07:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
atkinja88

uhm,any resolution to this? i saw on another thread this could be ipod
related? anyhow, my computer will no longer recognized the sony as a
camera, no autoplay as well, and when i take the card out, the computer
will read the card, but no autoplay

--
atkinja88