Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Photo Gallery save error

Old September 12th 09, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
emm2cute

Default Photo Gallery save error

Having problem with tryin to edit the photo's in windows photo gallery.
well got a solution if you also facing the same problem

..open the pic you want to edit in windows photo gallery..on the menu
bar click on the *OPEN* tab and select -Microsoft Office Picture
Manager-..from here you can edit make any changes and b4 closing it hit
the save button which has the floppy disk pic and then close..the pic
will automatically change and will be saved so you can now view it in
window photo gallery..

--
emm2cute
emm2cute's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/134748.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old September 24th 09, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
momtodogs

Hi. I am new to the forum. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium (with
current updates.)

I am having this same problem; however, I seem to have stumbled on a
temporary 'fix.' When I get this error, I open Paint from Windows Photo
Gallery (WPG), and just click on File and just Save (I made no changes
in Paint.) When I go back to WPG, any changes I make will 'autosave.'
It's an annoying extra step, but at least I'm not completely stalled.
It seems to 'unlock' the file, if that is what the problem was.

I am only a GUI user, and keep hunting and clicking until I find a
solution (or not.) I have no idea why this works. It also works if I
use any other photo editor program (i.e. Adobe Photoshop Elements) and
then go back to WPG.

I haven't worked on my photo editing for a while, so I don't know when
this problem started or what triggered it, so I didn't want to try the
Restore plan. I have no idea how far I would have to go back.

As I said, I'm no computer expert, but I thought I'd share this in case
it helps point to a solution.

--
momtodogs

Old May 6th 10, 04:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Alex37

Thank you "emm2cute", it worked a treat. Strange that I only
encountered this problem when trying to edit some photos sent to me via
email from a friend in the States. Have no problem editing my own
photos.

I thought "littleupchuck" remarks were uncalled for. The idea of the
forums in this community is that we can try to assist each other with
problems common to a lot of PC users. Perhaps this person needs to use
a proper tech support site where he would probably have to pay for the
advice!

--
Alex37
Alex37's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/217061.htm

Old May 9th 10, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
littleupchuck

wow Alex37, do you sound like you drank the KoolAid or what? listen to
yourself.....maybe littleupchuck should post to a forum where he'd have
to pay for help.......pay for help? with a problem with an OS that i
ALREADY PAID FOR??????? are you retarded as well? wtf? i dunno if you've
taken time out of your schedule of suckling Microsofts.....well,
whatever you are suckling.....and looked around the net a little, but if
you have, you've noticed that this is a huge problem. not an isolated
incident. you idiot.

--
littleupchuck
littleupchuck's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/191212.htm