Philips SNU6500 Wireless USB

Old December 11th 06, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim

Default Philips SNU6500 Wireless USB

Has anyone got this to work with Vista?

I've installed the software, but it fails to do anything
Old February 19th 07, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
timblewee

Hi

I had problems with this device but finally got it working by a lot of
trial and error.

1. Turn off user account control and restart the machine without the
device plugged in.
2. Ensure the device is plugged into a main USB port, NOT thought a
peripheral (monitor or game card) or thtough a hub.
3. Ensure that the installation software that came with the device is
not installed.
4. Ensure that the installation disc is in the machine before the
system starts to look for and install the device. (don’t know why
this makes difference but it did on my machine.)
5. Plug in the device after windows has started.

This should work, it did for me.

Timblewee

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse