Microsoft Movie Maker

Old July 20th 08, 11:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Gill Julien[_2_]

Default Microsoft Movie Maker

Is there a way to separate or remove the sound in a movie file (extention
MSWMM or WMV) and then save it.

I imported a video file from my camera ( a short movie showing the outside
of our house) and of course the
street sound came with it. I would like to remove this from the story board
and save only this sound clip (without
the movie clip) to my hard drive as a sound file to be added to different
video file.

Can this be done in Microsoft Movie Maker?

Gill

Old July 20th 08, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

Gill Julien wrote:
Is there a way to separate or remove the sound in a movie file
(extention MSWMM or WMV) and then save it.

I imported a video file from my camera ( a short movie showing the
outside of our house) and of course the
street sound came with it. I would like to remove this from the
story board and save only this sound clip (without
the movie clip) to my hard drive as a sound file to be added to
different video file.

Can this be done in Microsoft Movie Maker?

Gill

======================================
An .mswmm file is just a project file...the source files
would still be archived in their original locations and
could be copied from there.

To separate the audio from a .wmv file in Vista Movie
Maker. Begin a new project and in Timeline view try
dragging the .wmv file the the Audio/Music track and
Publish the movie. The result should be a .wma audio
file.

Be sure the clip is dragged all the way to the left end
of the track or you will have dead air.

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

--

John Inzer

Old July 20th 08, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

Gill Julien wrote:
Thanks John, it did the trick.

Gill