Vista & indexing network drives

Old January 8th 07, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Valisystem

Default Vista & indexing network drives

That's the place, so you must have some glitch that I didn't run into. FWIW,
the add-in appears to install a new service - "UNCFAT DMS". You might check
whether it installed and shows up on the list, just in case.

"Kyle O''Brien" wrote:

I found the "Search Tools" and that will take me to the same windows as
"indexing options" in the control panel. When modify / show all locations is
clicked i see "c: g: offline files" No M: Drive whick is my mapped
netwrok drive.

Old January 8th 07, 02:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Kyle O''Brien

That service is installed and set to automatic. When I start it, it stops
with no errors on the screen or event log.

When this worked on your computer were you connected to a domain?

I am logged on with a user account with administrator and domain admin rights.

Old January 8th 07, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Valisystem

Yup, I'm on an SBS2003 domain. When I installed it I had elevated my account
to domain admin rights, but I'm running day to day with user rights and the
service is behaving itself. Wonder what's going on?

Old January 8th 07, 03:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Kyle O''Brien

Well I installed this to another computer running vista business on a
different domain and it worked like a charm. Guess i have some digging to do
on the other domain. Thanks for your assistance.

Old February 9th 07, 08:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
siegeld

By any chance, is this failing on a Vista x64 machine and working on a
Vista X86 machine? I too have installed the UNC search add-in (on a
x64 machine) and the service starts and silently stops. I also don't
see any network shares in the Index Options control panel.

--
siegeld
siegeld's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21881

http://forums.techarena.in

Old February 11th 07, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
bobneedshelp

I have the same issue as you. I installed the plug in but it doesn't appear
to have made a difference. Did anyone ever figure out what the issue is or
how to resolve it?
--
Bob

Old February 19th 07, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
siegeld

The issue must be with the x64 version of Vista, as far as I can tell.
Does anyone have this working with x64?

Old September 4th 08, 08:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
cherokee[_2_]

Here it is 8 months later.

Does anyone have a fix to get indexing working on x64 Vista as yet.

--
cherokee

Old September 4th 08, 10:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Paul Montgomery[_3_]

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:41:19 +0100, cherokee
wrote:

Here it is 8 months later.

You can't count very well.

That's standard for a Vistahead, though.