no speaker icon in taskbar or system tray

Old July 25th 09, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Default no speaker icon in taskbar or system tray

Try control panel/taskbar/notification area -customize/volume options

"Bill Daggett" wrote in message
brummyfan wrote:

msilverstein;1098630 Wrote:
Dominic Payer;782126 Wrote:
Right click your Start orb and select Properties. In the Notification
Area
tab check the Volume icon in System icons.

"zinastar" zinastar@xxxxxx wrote in message
newsA760E2E-1C70-474F-952B-17D0B9E30B76@xxxxxx
My icon in the bottom right corner of the speaker for adjusting
volume
disappeared. Why and where did it go? how do I get it back

I tried your fix but the Volume icon is shaded - won't let me check.
Any suggestions?

Right click the Task bar and untick "Lock the Taskbar".

HUH?

Old July 25th 09, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

Hi M. Silverstein,

This tutorial may be able to help you out.

'Notification Area - System Icons'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...tem-icons.html)

Hope this helps,
Shawn