Smartcard logging - No valid certificates found

Old July 23rd 08, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
AlexZamora

Default Smartcard logging - No valid certificates found

Hi,

Im trying to log on to VISTA throug smartcard and when the windows validate
the credentials display this error: "No valid certificates found. check that
the card is inserted correctly and fits tighly"

Do you kno why?

In Win XP I don't have problemas to logging throug smartcard.

Could you help me????
Old July 24th 08, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Bruce Chambers

AlexZamora wrote:
Hi,

Im trying to log on to VISTA throug smartcard and when the windows validate
the credentials display this error: "No valid certificates found. check that
the card is inserted correctly and fits tighly"

Do you kno why?

In Win XP I don't have problemas to logging throug smartcard.

Could you help me????

Does your SmartCard Reader require Vista-specific device drivers? Are
you using a Vista-compatible application to read the SmartCard?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Old July 24th 08, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
AlexZamora

Im using the blackberry smart card reader and I dont have problems about the
controllers in VISTA. And about the software they are two. One from
blackberry smartcard reader to pair throu bluetooth and the other one is from
Safenet that do the log in. I don't know if the safenet software is 100%
compatible with VISTA. When I installed it, it didn't present any problem or
incompatiblity.

Old July 25th 08, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Bruce Chambers

AlexZamora wrote:
Im using the blackberry smart card reader and I dont have problems about the
controllers in VISTA. And about the software they are two. One from
blackberry smartcard reader to pair throu bluetooth and the other one is from
Safenet that do the log in. I don't know if the safenet software is 100%
compatible with VISTA. When I installed it, it didn't present any problem or
incompatiblity.

Does its manufacturer certify it as Vista-compatible?

Old July 30th 08, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
moises

any hint about this?

--
moises
Old March 5th 11, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Daniel Graham

You need to upgrade your client.

If using old Gemsafe Libraries you get invalid certificate errors on Vista and 7. You need to upgrade to at least Gemsafe Libraries 5.1.

Then you'll find it'll work perfectly.

Dan

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

On Thursday, July 24, 2008 8:38 PM Bruce Chambers wrote:

AlexZamora wrote:

Does its manufacturer certify it as Vista-compatible?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

On Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:10 AM moises wrote:

any hint about this?

--
moises

Submitted via EggHeadCafe