Gameport on Creative SBLive sound card

Old December 12th 06, 06:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eran

Default Gameport on Creative SBLive sound card

Hi,

I have a Creative SBLive sound card (PCI). Vista installed the sound drivers
ok, but generates an error when it tries to install the Gameport driver for
the gameport (15-pin) that is on the card. Any suggestions?

Vista error details are below for two scenarios I tried.

Device manager accepts it if I select "Unsupported Game Port for Creative",
but that doesn't help since I can't use the joystick.

Thanks in advance,

Eran

Description
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the
driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code
is 19.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architectu x86
Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_7002&SUBSYS_00201102&REV_07
Setup class GUID: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
PnP problem code: 00000013
Driver name: unknown
Driver version: unknown
Driver date: unknown
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 4743141

**** and ****
Description
Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
Creative SBLive! Gameport

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
Architectu x86
Win32 error: E0000219
Inf name: wdma10k1.inf
Driver Package hash: a1149c1110550ac8eac84ec70b5f5d7b13a08c17
DDInstall section name: PCI8010J_Device
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 3382242

Old December 12th 06, 08:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dev

/Eran/ said:

I have a Creative SBLive sound card (PCI). Vista installed the sound drivers
ok, but generates an error when it tries to install the Gameport driver for
the gameport (15-pin) that is on the card. Any suggestions?

Vista error details are below for two scenarios I tried.

Device manager accepts it if I select "Unsupported Game Port for Creative",
but that doesn't help since I can't use the joystick.

This is a Creative Labs issue.

Final drivers may not be available until after Vista release to home
users. And older cards may not be supported at all. For insight see...
http://us.creative.com/support/kb/ar...?l=3&sid=14186
Old December 12th 06, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike C.

Vista removes support for any "Gameport" functions of any older hardware. It
only supports USB devices. There is nothing Creative can do to resolve this
issue with drivers. You will need to update to a newer joystick if you wish
to continue using joysticks on your PC.

Old December 13th 06, 09:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eran

Why would Microsoft do that?

The gameport doesn't pose any security threat and is probably the simplest
port to support.

Eran

Old December 14th 06, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eran

You got to be kidding.
The gameport was around long before the Pentium when computers were still
running under 12Mhz. I highly doubt the gameport is a resource hog.

wrote in message
The big problem is that a "game port" has to
be polled. This, as well as the process used
to read the port, wastes lots of CPU time.
--
40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
iPlay : the ultimate audio player for mobiles

Old December 14th 06, 06:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jane C

Q: Are MIDI/Gameports supported under Vista?
A: We've removed support for these types of devices, in favor of USB
connected devices.
Posted by Andre Rivera - MSFT at
https://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet...6672&SiteID=17