USB memory: Code 19 error

Old July 25th 08, 09:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Simpleuser

Default USB memory: Code 19 error

I have Corsair Voyager GT 4G memory stick which gives a Code 19 error in
Devive Manager.
There are two entries for it - the first of these is under "Disk Drives"
and appears healthy. The second is under "Portable Devices" and the item is
shown as Voyager GT with an ! next to it. Looking at the properties of this
it says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". There
are no previous versions of this driver to try and using the facility to
search the Internet gives nothing.
Surprisingly the device appears to work but I'd appreciate a fix for the
Code 19 error.
Do I need to uninstall it, remove it, and then reconnect - but I suspect it
could be more complicated.
--
Hopefully
Old July 25th 08, 10:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:44:02 -0700, Simpleuser
wrote:

I have Corsair Voyager GT 4G memory stick which gives a Code 19 error in
Devive Manager.
There are two entries for it - the first of these is under "Disk Drives"
and appears healthy. The second is under "Portable Devices" and the item is
shown as Voyager GT with an ! next to it. Looking at the properties of this
it says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". There
are no previous versions of this driver to try and using the facility to
search the Internet gives nothing.
Surprisingly the device appears to work but I'd appreciate a fix for the
Code 19 error.
Do I need to uninstall it, remove it, and then reconnect - but I suspect it
could be more complicated.

It's probably something simple... like while in Device Manager,
uninstall the offending item then refresh "Computer" and see what
happens.
Old July 25th 08, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Simpleuser

You were right, thanks.
I had been put off this route by reports elsewhere in Discussions for fixing
Code 19 errors. All I could find were people with optical drive problems and
if I got it right an uninstall/search for new devices didn't work for them.
Seems different for USB sticks which is neat.
--
Hopefully

Old July 25th 08, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:56:43 -0700, Simpleuser
wrote:

You were right, thanks.
I had been put off this route by reports elsewhere in Discussions for fixing
Code 19 errors. All I could find were people with optical drive problems and
if I got it right an uninstall/search for new devices didn't work for them.
Seems different for USB sticks which is neat.

Glad it worked!

It never hurts to try that method when a device has a problem. Doesn't
always work, but it won't hurt anything.
Old August 23rd 09, 11:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
17KRD

wrote:

[...]

You are an absolute star!!!!

I had the same problem with my digital camera. This looks like it was caused
after running a Registry Cleanup using Norton 360 on both my PC and Laptop
(won't do that again in a hurry). I tried using System Restore and although
it resolved the problem it introduced a whole lot more including loss of
internet connection. I then reversed out the restore to get back to the
original position. It was then that I found your resolution above. Ran it on
the PC and laptop and both are now working fine again and it only took 30
seconds to run. So much easier than the other solutions mentioned.

Thanks again