Radeon X1950Pro / NTativrv01 ? / Please Help!

Old December 12th 06, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul

Default Radeon X1950Pro / NTativrv01 ? / Please Help!

I just installed a new ATI Radeon X1950Pro videocard,
with their latest "catalyst_8-31-100_vista32_rtm" drivers,
and now I have a "NTatvrv01" device showing at the Device manager
as "Other Devices" with a question mark icon that I don't know what
it means, and I don't know what should I do?

I'll appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance,
Paul.

My system: Intel Pentium 4/ 3.4 GHZ, with 2046 MB of RAM, 32 bit OP System,
Intel Desktop Board D925XCV, running Windows Vista.

Old December 12th 06, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Daniel Lapointe

I have that as well, but with an ati x1800xl card, no idea what that it,
probbaly the capture part of the card. I still get random black screens of
death using this card though, regardless of the ati driver used.

Old December 12th 06, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
km

Paul,

congrats on that gpu, which is rather new and the ATI Vista drivers are
still premature. Perhaps this will be gone when ATI will release their Vista
rtm drivers. In case the device manager is the only issue, I would not worry
too much, it should be gone then.

Old December 13th 06, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Johnathonm

Paul,

So far the video card drivers are the tragedy of Windows Vista. Since beta
2 the major vendors (ati and nvidia) have been sorely pathetic in their
development process. The excuse that "it's not final / public" has been the
excuse time and again. Well guess what guys, it is released to corporate
entities, like mine. Anyway, the driver support sucks but I will tell you my
1950 XTX comes up fine with the latest driver in X64.

-J

Old December 13th 06, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul

Many thanks to Daniel, KM, and Johnathonm for helping me.

I agree with Johnathonm , pathetic ATI development process,
I can’t believe the lack of response from what is supposed to be one
of the biggest video card manufacturers.

Something similar happens with my mother board (Intel D925XCV),
as there are no drivers or anything else even mentioning Vista
at the Intel support site, and I don’t know if I should install the
“old” Win-XP drivers, or if Vista already installed it, or if I should
wait for Intel to include the drivers and info related with Vista.

Regardless of the small glitch with the unknown device showing at
the Device Manager, I’m happy that everything else
works fine on the 2 PCs I have running Vista, so I’ll wait
for newer ATI drivers….

Thanks again,
Paul.

Old December 14th 06, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Daniel Lapointe

ATI just released new drivers (Dec 13th) Will give em a try and see if it
fixes teh black screens of death I've been having.