Adaptec 2940 U/UW

Old December 12th 06, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Reinaldo Gomes

Default Adaptec 2940 U/UW

How can I put this controler to work in Vista?
My disks are SCSI and without the controler they aren't available for
install?
Anyone have a solution?
Not considering the option to buy a new one.

Old December 12th 06, 11:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dev

http://www.adaptec.com/
Old December 13th 06, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eric Furness

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:53:58 -0000, "Reinaldo Gomes"
wrote:

How can I put this controler to work in Vista?
My disks are SCSI and without the controler they aren't available for
install?
Anyone have a solution?
Not considering the option to buy a new one.

I was able to get the XP driver to work. It is normally included in
XP, but I was able to find it on the Adapted site. I use it for a
tape drive, don't know if you can make a floppy to use for install to
scsi drive during Vista install.

Eric
Old December 13th 06, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
roman modic

Hello!

wrote:

How can I put this controler to work in Vista?
My disks are SCSI and without the controler they aren't available for
install?
Anyone have a solution?
Not considering the option to buy a new one.

I was able to get the XP driver to work. It is normally included in
XP, but I was able to find it on the Adapted site. I use it for a
tape drive, don't know if you can make a floppy to use for install to
scsi drive during Vista install.

Fortunately you don't need floppy in Vista - you can put it
on the USB memory key!

Roman