Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder

Old December 13th 06, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
RyanTX

Default Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder

I am having the same problem with Vista build 6000. The OS installed with no
problems, but then over the past two weeks it has become impossible to select
multiple files. The "Select All" feature is disabled. The registry changes
did not seem to work for me. Has anyone found a solution to restoring
folders to the correct format? It seems like the "Apply to Folder" buttons
are not functioning as intended. It is a real pain to manually move one
file/folder at a time.

"Krun" wrote:

I can't select multiple files in the Download folder. This problem only occur
with this folder. Is it only me or is it a new restriction introduce by
Microsoft on Vista? Its really bothering me cause I can only move one file at
a time to an other folder...Someone has the same problem?

Old February 1st 07, 01:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
SirSycho

Here is what I did to fix the problem. I had the problem across all folders
even shares. Here's the steps to fix it:

Create a new user on your box.
Log in as that user
Open the registry and export the key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Streams\Defaults]
I have 3 values here.
Log back into your problem user/profile and import the reg key you exported
above.
Log out and log back in... problem should be solved.

This definitely sounds like a bug to me.

Old February 1st 07, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
SirSycho

ok ... narrowed it down just a bit more. Looks like it's the value:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Streams\Defaults]
"{5C4F28B5-F869-4E84-8E60-F11DB97C5CC7}"

Export that from a new profile and reimport on your broken one and all
should be fixed.

Good Luck