Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3

Old August 7th 08, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tombster

Default Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3

I have this 35mm film/slide scanner that attaches with a USB cable that
works under XP but not Vista (64).

Vista can't find the driver even when I point to to it in the
Windows/system32/driver folder (usbscan.sys).

Is there something else I can use.

Vista reports an error when it tries to find the driver but the fix (64-bit
KB940199) suggested by "Problem Reports and Solutions" runs but gives a
message that the fix is not needed and aborts the install.

This film scanner is not that old and should run in 32bit mode if a driver
can be found.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old August 7th 08, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Montgomery

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:00:03 -0700, tombster
wrote:

I have this 35mm film/slide scanner that attaches with a USB cable that
works under XP but not Vista (64).

Vista can't find the driver even when I point to to it in the
Windows/system32/driver folder (usbscan.sys).

Is there something else I can use.

Vista reports an error when it tries to find the driver but the fix (64-bit
KB940199) suggested by "Problem Reports and Solutions" runs but gives a
message that the fix is not needed and aborts the install.

This film scanner is not that old and should run in 32bit mode if a driver
can be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sure!! We'll help you find a fix for your UNNAMED scanner. NO
PROBLEM.

Come back next year and see what the progress is.
Old August 7th 08, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66[_2_]

Duh, and double DUH...

Did you read the subject: "Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3"?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

news

Old August 7th 08, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Montgomery

wrote:

I have this 35mm film/slide scanner that attaches with a USB cable that
works under XP but not Vista (64).

Vista can't find the driver even when I point to to it in the
Windows/system32/driver folder (usbscan.sys).

Is there something else I can use.

Vista reports an error when it tries to find the driver but the fix (64-bit
KB940199) suggested by "Problem Reports and Solutions" runs but gives a
message that the fix is not needed and aborts the install.

This film scanner is not that old and should run in 32bit mode if a driver
can be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sure!! We'll help you find a fix for your UNNAMED scanner. NO
PROBLEM.

Whups... the subject line totally escaped me.

Drivers for that scanner go only as far as WiinXP.

It's a relic, unless you still have an XP machine at home, or can load
XP in a Virtual PC.
Old August 8th 08, 08:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DL

According to Minolta site this unit was released in 2003 & supports upto
winxp, not Vista, and since Minolta pulled out of 'Imaging' in early 2007
your probably out of luck.

Old September 5th 08, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tombster

Just in case someone else has this film scanner I found that it works running
on a PC with Vista (32 bit).

I also tried VueScan as suggested by Cari. VueScan does support this scanner
and the drivers provide work fine. Both VueScan and the Minolta software work
so you can take your pick of which software product to use.

Thanks for the help.

Old September 7th 08, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tombster

Oh, I left out that I install VueScan on my Vista (64 bit) system and that is
the PC I am writing about in the 2nd paragragh.

I'M bad....

Old September 21st 08, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tombster

The two drives required for this scanner are usbscan.sys and ksthunk.sys.
Both drivers are from Microsoft and are located in the
"C:/windows/system32/drivers/" directory.

Old January 25th 10, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sm0rgm

I use VueScan with Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3 in Vista (32-bit). It
works perfectly and well worth the $39 in registration (and no - I am
not representing VueScan and a do not get any profit from saying this
).

Stefan

tombster;987475 Wrote: [color=blue]

--