MAt****a dvd-ram uj-8505 ata not working

Old August 11th 08, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Montgomery

Default MAt****a dvd-ram uj-8505 ata not working

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:34:54 -0500, Torz
wrote:

I dont want an external drive though, cos my laptop is for traveling. I
am away at least two nights a week and have to cart it around with me.

External drives for laptops are so small and lightweight (2.5"
variety) you can put them in a shirt pocket. Mine has 160gig
capacity. There are models that can handle much more than that.
Old August 11th 08, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Torz

ehhh .... I dont understand what that is hon. Possibly by accident ...
tell me where to look or do something I follow instructions fine lol.

Sorry did warn u I am not brill

--
Torz
Old August 11th 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
locoeng

*Step 1: Start Registry Editor*

Click *Start*, click *Run*, type regedit, and then click *OK*. Registry
Editor starts.

*Step 2: Delete the UpperFilters registry entry*

1.In Registry Editor, expand *My Computer*, and then expand
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE*.
2.Expand *SYSTEM*, and then expand *CurrentControlSet*.
3.Expand *Control*, and then expand *Class*.
4.Under *Class*, click *{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}*.
5.In the right pane (topic area), click *UpperFilters*.

*Note* An *UpperFilters.bak* registry entry may also appear. To delete
the *UpperFilters* registry entry, you must click *UpperFilters* and not
*UpperFilters.bak*.

6.On the *Edit* menu, click *Delete*.
7.When you receive the following message, click *Yes* to confirm the
deletion of the UpperFilters registry entry: Are you sure you want to
delete this value?
The UpperFilters registry entry is removed from the
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry subkey.

*Note* Do not exit Registry Editor. You must have this program for the
next step.

*Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry*

1.In Registry Editor, expand *My Computer*, and then expand
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE*.
2.Expand *SYSTEM*, and then expand *CurrentControlSet*.
3.Expand *Control*, and then expand *Class*.
4.Under *Class*, click *{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}*.
5.In the right pane (topic area), click *LowerFilters*.

*Note* An *LowerFilters.bak* registry entry may also appear. To delete
the *LowerFilters* registry entry, you must click *LowerFilters* and not
*LowerFilters.bak*.

6.On the *Edit* menu, click *Delete*.
7.When you receive the following message, click *Yes* to confirm the
deletion of the LowerFilters registry entry: Are you sure you want to
delete this value?
The LowerFilters registry entry is removed from the
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry subkey.
8.Exit Registry Editor.

*Step 4: Restart the computer*

If a CD recording program no longer works after you restart the
computer, you must reinstall the CD recording program.

--
locoeng

vista ultimate 32/64 bit dual boot
gigabyte ep35 ds3r/xfx geforce 8600gt/corsair 520hx
g.skill ddr ii 800 x2 gigs
seagate 120gb (ide) x2/wd 750 (sata)
samsung sh203b sbo3 patched codeking
pioneer 215l patched mcse
nec/optiarc 7200s 1.06bt liggy&dee
lite-on 20a1l bl06 -fb fbl eos eoht 6-
Old August 12th 08, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Torz

ok did that, there was an upper but no lower. Is that normal?

I am getting somewhere though, cos when I booted the comp it auto
played the cd but still wouldnt actually make any noise.

Its an improvement though lol

--
Torz
Old August 12th 08, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
locoeng

One last thing and then I'm out of ideas. Open Imgburn and go to
Tools-Filter Driver Load Order and post the results here please.

Old August 13th 08, 08:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
roy69[_196_]

I have tried to find a replacement drive, but to no avail. It may be a
case of taking it to a shop to get it repaired. Not every thing can be
sorted by software.

--
roy69

- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Dual Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
- Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Complient PSU
Old August 13th 08, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
locoeng

roy69;803104 Wrote:
I have tried to find a replacement drive, but to no avail. It may be a
case of taking it to a shop to get it repaired. Not every thing can be
sorted by software.

I know, but I'm just trying to exhaust all avenues before dropping $$$
on the problem...although that can be the easiest route in some cases.
I'm really suprised as shoddy as the Mat****a drives are that they are
still in business.

Old August 13th 08, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Torz

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0
Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

--
Torz
Old August 13th 08, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Torz

same here, I am more than willing to eplace it if I have to, but its
always worth checking out other avenues before u do. I think too many
people these days are willing to just give in on things without trying.

I really do appreciate your help you know, I am clueless myself. But I
am impressed that we have got some function back out of it.

--
Torz
Old August 14th 08, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
roy69[_196_]

Looking on google for that drive, lots of people are having a similar
issue. (manufacturing fault springs to mind)

--
roy69

- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Dual Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
- Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Complient PSU
- 2x 500G HD